User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I was one of the later people I know to get a smart phone (I saw no point in it) but since I was working in that industry I eventually got a smart phone and now I can't see ever turning back.

Smart phones are pretty much as useful as you make them really... If you take two phones that belong to two different people with different interests (who know something about how to use the phones!) they won't look a thing alike... speaking of androids anyway. Boyfriend and I both have androids and he primarily uses his for quick calculations and playing games and therefore the whole setup involves an entire calculator screen and several screens completely devoted to gaming and chatting. My phone is my thought collector and rememberer, so I have my scheduling app integrated in to the point where my phone reminds me several ways when I have something coming up... I also have chrome to phone (yay for sending web pages back and forth between my phone and my computer!) and google drive, which allows me to work on a document simultaneously between my phone and my computer, depending upon which is available. Quite useful with working on writing things. The ability to instantly look anything up tends to settle arguments before they begin as well! I also use it to listen to nerdy podcasts, like Stuff You Should Know on my way to work so that I can gain even MORE useful knowledge to inflict upon others And I love the kindle app

In other words, it's what you make of it
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    What provider did you choose?
    We switched to Ting, which runs on Sprint's network. You can bring your own phone or buy a new, used, or refurbished phone from them, which you pay for up front. We bought refurbs ($70 or less/phone). You only pay for what you use , there are no contracts, and you can have as many phones as you want on your account (which was a big selling point for our family of six).

The data is only 3G. It can take a couple of weeks to get a phone replaced, so we keep a spare in case one breaks. We've also had trouble doing stuff with their website online, like activating the phones and paying the bill. They do not have 24 hour customer service, but the service has been mostly competent. So far, they do everything we need them to do and we're happy with the price.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ISTP

Smartphones are essentially a pocket computer, and just as computers were the epitome of tools, so too smartphones are the epitome of the epitome of tools.

What's their use? Oh, I don't know...

- Unified point of communications for everything... it's a phone, answering machine, text, email, and even video calls.
    - Access point for the largest wealth of information ever known to man (also called the internet)
    - Current events
    - Camera + picture storage
    - Contacts and address list/black book
    - Clock/alarm clock
    - Portable video player
    - MP3 player
    - Portable e-book library
    - Games
    - Real-time GPS, map, compass, and direction
    - Real-time weather and weather forecast
    - Flashlight
    - Calendar
    - Task list
    - Calculator

All of this is fit into a slim, lightweight, portable device which can be organized in a GUI which is both trim, beautiful, and updates in real time. You can get durable rugged or waterproof cases which protect the device wherever you take it.

Think about it... it's like the ultimate device. Not even 10 years ago, even one of these functions would be game-changing, like an MP3 player that you can download new songs to from anywhere? Epic. And yet, that's only one of many, many features of a smartphone. A modern smartphone has more processing power than what was used to launch the first rockets into space.

You can also load a custom ROM onto it to take advantage of streamlined programming performance and customization, and custom skins if you're into customizing the looks.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by LevelZeroHero View Post
    Smartphones are essentially a pocket computer, and just as computers were the epitome of tools, so too smartphones are the epitome of the epitome of tools.

What's their use? Oh, I don't know...

- Unified point of communications for everything... it's a phone, answering machine, text, email, and even video calls.
    - Access point for the largest wealth of information ever known to man (also called the internet)
    - Current events
    - Camera + picture storage
    - Contacts and address list/black book
    - Clock/alarm clock
    - Portable video player
    - MP3 player
    - Portable e-book library
    - Games
    - Real-time GPS, map, compass, and direction
    - Real-time weather and weather forecast
    - Flashlight
    - Calendar
    - Task list
    - Calculator

All of this is fit into a slim, lightweight, portable device which can be organized in a GUI which is both trim, beautiful, and updates in real time. You can get durable rugged or waterproof cases which protect the device wherever you take it.

Think about it... it's like the ultimate device. Not even 10 years ago, even one of these functions would be game-changing, like an MP3 player that you can download new songs to from anywhere? Epic. And yet, that's only one of many, many features of a smartphone. A modern smartphone has more processing power than what was used to launch the first rockets into space.

You can also load a custom ROM onto it to take advantage of streamlined programming performance and customization, and custom skins if you're into customizing the looks.

Theoretically, all you need are a few external enhancements to make it into a Swiss Army cell phone.

..I prefer keeping all my stuff separate, however.
    /stubborn
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

WALMART

pros: everything

cons: wat

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

They're bigger. That's a disadvantage.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Cons total loss of privacy.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

If you get the slides used in lectures before the lecture, its good to have them on in your phone, so that you can go back or look next slide when ever you want
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    They're bigger. That's a disadvantage.
    Bigger screen can be a good thing in many situations
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Bigger screen can be a good thing in many situations
    Of course but it's just more to carry around. The Motorola Startak was the smallest phone I've ever owned and they came out with that in the 90s.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639