• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The world becoming a giant costco

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
you go to one place and get everything you need. From groceries,to med care,to day care, to legal care, ect. Who wants this? not me, I hope to stop it but I'm just me, so i doubt i will. The government will be able to spy on is easier and than we're royally screwed.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

tumblr_lpyw2pNhaZ1r0w4bgo1_500.jpg

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
fine don't believe me, but don't cry to me when it happens. no you'll probably think its wonderful. you humans and desire for conveince.

I

Infinite Bubble

The world has always been a giant Costco. Everything we've ever needed - it's been right here all along, on this one beautiful speck of dirt.

Bamboo

MBTI Type
XXFP
on one level this is destructive and terrible, on another some products i don't care so much about quality as much as cheap and convenient and streamlined distribution creates economic and environmental benefits.

it makes it difficult to create a business based on selling not just product (which can't compete on price point) but service and expertise.

that said, only a few stores i've been to have really demonstrated exceptional expertise, but i also only buy common goods.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I agree with you prplchknz. This would be scary, ouutwardly we'd all be like:

but in reality we'd be like:

Attempts to form a corporatist world goverment would end any freedom we have and render us helplessly dependant on some faceless entity.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yeah, I agree with you prplchknz. This would be scary, ouutwardly we'd all be like:

but in reality we'd be like:

Attempts to form a corporatist world goverment would end any freedom we have and render us helplessly dependant on some faceless entity.

see, and people think it's nuts. but is it really that far off? I mean coroporations have rights, like people. that is not right

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
see, and people think it's nuts. but is it really that far off? I mean coroporations have rights, like people. that is not right

They have even more rights than some people(like natives in the Amazon rainforest). Thats not right at all.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Consumerism and economic materialism pass for real culture in America and this seems to be spreading around the world. It's saddening.

W

WALMART

Perhaps because it is an objectively satisfying solution to a problem that faces America - expansive cities with rising costs of transportation. I'm fucking stoked they are putting one in close to the front of my neighborhood, about 2.5 miles away. My nearest Gamestop is over ten miles away. Between here and there there is a laundromat, three gas stations, a Dollar General, and several fast food chains. I live in an incredibly dense suburban population. This is going to fucking rock, biking to get just about whatever I need.

There are many factors relating to the success of stores like Wal-Mart and super-grocery stores, I don't view their prevalence quite as negative as many would have us believe. I really do view them as 21st century malls - and who doesn't like the mall?

Retailers, and subsequently the rest of humanity, must adapt or die off. Isn't that nature's progression?

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Instead of small businesses now businesses are becoming larger which is pretty sad in terms innovation and independent opportunity.We depend on corperations so much to satisfy our every day needs we become outcasts if we refuse to conform. Facebook is an example of this we sign up on Facebook knowing that our privacy is being restricted so that we can stay in touch with news and events our friends are doing without facebook we are outcasts and out of the loop socially. If anyone disagrees with this just look how many people in the world are on facebook over a billion?