Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Bubble View Post
    "Need."
    smart alec
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    XXFP

on one level this is destructive and terrible, on another some products i don't care so much about quality as much as cheap and convenient and streamlined distribution creates economic and environmental benefits.

it makes it difficult to create a business based on selling not just product (which can't compete on price point) but service and expertise.

that said, only a few stores i've been to have really demonstrated exceptional expertise, but i also only buy common goods.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Yeah, I agree with you prplchknz. This would be scary, ouutwardly we'd all be like:

but in reality we'd be like:

Attempts to form a corporatist world goverment would end any freedom we have and render us helplessly dependant on some faceless entity.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you prplchknz. This would be scary, ouutwardly we'd all be like:

but in reality we'd be like:

Attempts to form a corporatist world goverment would end any freedom we have and render us helplessly dependant on some faceless entity.
    see, and people think it's nuts. but is it really that far off? I mean coroporations have rights, like people. that is not right
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    see, and people think it's nuts. but is it really that far off? I mean coroporations have rights, like people. that is not right
    They have even more rights than some people(like natives in the Amazon rainforest). Thats not right at all.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Consumerism and economic materialism pass for real culture in America and this seems to be spreading around the world. It's saddening.

WALMART

Perhaps because it is an objectively satisfying solution to a problem that faces America - expansive cities with rising costs of transportation. I'm fucking stoked they are putting one in close to the front of my neighborhood, about 2.5 miles away. My nearest Gamestop is over ten miles away. Between here and there there is a laundromat, three gas stations, a Dollar General, and several fast food chains. I live in an incredibly dense suburban population. This is going to fucking rock, biking to get just about whatever I need.

There are many factors relating to the success of stores like Wal-Mart and super-grocery stores, I don't view their prevalence quite as negative as many would have us believe. I really do view them as 21st century malls - and who doesn't like the mall?

Retailers, and subsequently the rest of humanity, must adapt or die off. Isn't that nature's progression?

Permabanned

Instead of small businesses now businesses are becoming larger which is pretty sad in terms innovation and independent opportunity.We depend on corperations so much to satisfy our every day needs we become outcasts if we refuse to conform. Facebook is an example of this we sign up on Facebook knowing that our privacy is being restricted so that we can stay in touch with news and events our friends are doing without facebook we are outcasts and out of the loop socially. If anyone disagrees with this just look how many people in the world are on facebook over a billion?