User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is Stephen Hawking the smartest person in the world?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 18.18%
  • No

9 81.82%
First 123 Last

No but he's intelligent IMO. INTJ definitely
    I really like cats and food.

I would say INTJ too. Ni would not be impaired by his condition and he would still be able to apply logic. I could imagine an INTP being very frustrated by Ne deprivation which the condition would cause.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Probably not. I have in mind a more eccentric personality, like that guy who solved a million dollar math challenge and rejected the prize.

Btw, Stephen Hawking's discoveries aren't impressive at all. Seems he has basically spent 40 years to conclude a thing or two about black holes.
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

He seems like an extrovert to me. Great sense of humor and kind of exhibitionist. Even if he is in a wheelchair. And his main method of argument are thought experiments and arguing from a rationalist perspective, relying on fundamental rules to prove his point.

MBTI
    INTP

Define "Smartest." Intelligence is impossible to gauge. Or you taking about Brain capacity, Ability to learn? Technical Intelligence, Social Intelligence, How much "facts" one knows, How well one understands the "facts." Ability to reason? Ability to explain? The word "Smartest" is too subjective.
    The HOW and WHY is EVERYTHING! Look not at behaviors nor even beliefs, but the ideas behind HOW and WHY they are held. Only then are your judgements......somewhat acceptable.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Probably not. I have in mind a more eccentric personality

I think all geniuses are eccentric.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/sx

Depends on how you define intelligence. He probably knows his physics, but I've watched a video of his on the existence of God, and there are plenty of things even I noticed he overlooked.
    Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude.

Schopenhauer

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Like what?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Stephen Hawking, Does God Exist - short version

Stephen Hawking, Does God Exist - long version

"In my mind, I am free!" - Stephen Hawking
    What, or who, created and controls the Universe?
    We are liberated by discovery. The Universe is a machine with laws we can understand. Understanding these laws is one of man's greatest achievements. We know not how to break the fixed laws of nature. To make a Universe you need 3 things to mix up in the potion. The first is mass. The second is energy. This makes the Universe a dynamic and endlessly changing place. These first 2 ingredients are 2 sides of the same thing, different manifestations. The third is lots of space. We must then ask where this all came from, how the Big Bang originated that sponaneously generated these elements. How does it all appear out of seemingly nothing? Perhaps the secret lies in negative energy. When the Big Bang spawned positive energy, negative energy came in equal and opposite proportions, filling space, a vast store of negative energy. The Universe stores this energy like a cosmic battery. In the quantum world, at the very small, particles can materialize out of nothing and then vanish. The Universe before it began once existed as a small point at this scale. Perhaps its possible then that nothing caused the Big Bang. Time itself comes to a stop inside the singularity of a black hole, meaning when the Universe began as a singularity, time began when the Universe began, originating with a cause outside our time continuum. This means there was no time for a Creator to design the Universe, unless he exists beyond it.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The short answer is very likely not. Although he is known for his intelligence, and he no doubt is massively so, there are other factors beyond his intelligence that will have attributed to his status in the public eye. There are sure to be more intelligent, less public geniuses out there.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump