User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Default What kind of printer do you have?

At home? At work? And what do you think of it?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I don't use a printer at work... At home I have an Epson Artisan 837. It's an all-in-one that prints pretty decent photos. I got it so I could print my own photos out for family and friends. It's not too bad for everyday printing either. The scanning feature is nice, as is the copying feature. I've never put the fax to use. It was also really easy to setup on my wireless network. I've been pretty happy with it!

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Samsung black&white laser multifunction at home... SCX-4623FW (not sold anymore, but samsung's product page is http://www.samsung.com/us/support/su...ame=SCX-4623FW )
    Love it. I think it was $150 at Micro Center a couple years back, on clearance. I have it attached to our home network via WiFi with encryption, once in a blue moon it flakes out (we don't use it that often anyhow) and I have to power off/power it back on, but most of the time it reliably scans & prints over the network on demand. It has an ADF (auto document feeder for scanning) which works well, and the paper tray only takes Letter size (8.5x11") but it has a manual feed in the front that works well.

Has fax features too, never used them. Had it hooked up to our phone line for kicks and once in a while it'd try to auto-answer an incoming call like it thought a fax was coming in. I thought I'd set it up not to do that, but it annoyed my wife a few times so I disconnected its phone wire. Probably best to keep it on a dedicated fax line or plug it up once in a while (if you need it for that at all).

At work we have a gadzillion different types, I've never paid much attention to the models, they just kinda work...
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't. I left mine behind once in a move, and never found an important enough reason to replace it. On the very odd chances I actually need a hardcopy of something, I just go to a copy shop. That happens rarely more than once every couple of months, and it's always stuff that could've been avoided if the 2nd party wasn't woefully stone aged.

garbage

HP DeskJet F380 all-in-one

I got it free.

With one of those convertible tablet laptops. From 2007. With Windows Vista on it. How shitty that thing was.

I do a lot more scanning than printing, and it works well for both.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

HP color laserjet 3600dn duplexer (at work). I really like this thing. It makes good documents and seems to be trouble free, which is good because I use it a lot.

Cartridges are expensive though.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

HP color laserjet 8600 Pro. It's technically my father's printer, but we went in 50/50 on it. It's a pretty good machine, I liked its predecessor as well .. we got it in sale years and years back and got this one this year when it crapped out on us finally.

For my scanner though I use a Neat Machine. I actually really, really like that thing and its software.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i thought there was some sort of sarcastic sub-tone to this but..... no. then i saw an ISFJ had created the title and.....ok. ......leaves thread........

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

For a moment I read that and thought it said what kind of primer do you have and thought it was about philosophical and political primers or first principles

I will sprint to the emergency room.

I really like cats and food.