User Tag List

123 Last

Anew Leaf

Default Which eReader Should I get?

I am torn... I love real books, but they take up space and I am trying to convert my life from one of objects to one where when the Zombie Apocalypse occurs, I will be royally bored.

So I need an ereader... but which one?

NPcomplete

Kindle, Paperwhite Kindle.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I use an iPad. It's a nice multipurpose device. Kindles are good too.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Kindle, Paperwhite Kindle.
    Shush you. WHAT IF I WANT TO BROWSE THE INTERNET OR KILL BIRDS OR DRAW LINES?!?!?

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Shush you. WHAT IF I WANT TO BROWSE THE INTERNET OR KILL BIRDS OR DRAW LINES?!?!?
    You have an iPad and an iPhone for those pedestrian activities fascinating hobbies of yours.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    You have an iPad and an iPhone for those pedestrian activities fascinating hobbies of yours.
    *sigh* But then I need more objects. The iPad is too big, the iPhone is too small.

-goldilocks syndrome-

#firstworldproblems

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I love my kindle fire HD. I'm not a technology freak by any means, but I have absolutely no remorse about going all the way with the e-reader. I agree, I liked physical books too but figured I would adjust pretty quick and I read so much and so many books at one time that I figure it would make my life easier. (Same as making the transition from CD's to ipod). I was right. It's also a tablet, so you have the web and netflix and all the apps like a less fancy I pad. You may be thinking what I was thinking at first. "But i'm only getting it for the reading". Doesn't matter, I don't like working with my Iphone when i'm out of the house, too small. I'm generally really careful about the purchases I make and am always multiple steps behind the new stuff as I feel that lots of it complicates life more. This has simplified my life greatly. One of my smartest purchases ever given my lifestyle.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I am torn... I love real books, but they take up space and I am trying to convert my life from one of objects to one where when the Zombie Apocalypse occurs, I will be royally bored.

So I need an ereader... but which one?
    No, you don't. Reading electronic copies rather than paper is commendable and advantageous, but get a netbook or tablet instead. It comes with more functionality. More importantly, it deprives e-book vendors of the ability to pluck volumes off your device without your knowledge/consent. Get books in pdf, and read them on whatever device you like.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    No, you don't. Reading electronic copies rather than paper is commendable and advantageous, but get a netbook or tablet instead. It comes with more functionality. More importantly, it deprives e-book vendors of the ability to pluck volumes off your device without your knowledge/consent. Get books in pdf, and read them on whatever device you like.
    o.O They can do that? Is that even if I use apps on a tablet? Or are you suggesting I find the downloads for the books I want to read?

NPcomplete

1. E-ink will make you blind at a much slower rate, perhaps even at the same rate as "real" books (if you do end up becoming blind from reading).

2. You can acquire books without vendors collecting data.