User Tag List

12 Last

Permabanned

Default The Ouya gaming console.....

In possibly the biggest news of the year...at least my year....which is pretty sad...there's a new gaming console coming out. It's called the Ouya...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouya

It runs on Android.

It's pretty cheap too...

Boom or bust?

WALMART

Bust.

THE STEAM BOX will outshine the next generation of gaming.

A fail, just for the name alone. Although everything else is fine. An android console is no worse off than others. Consoles live or die by branding and marketing though. Tech is more or less equalized across the board.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Depends on the quality of the games. I'm with what @KDude said, though. Tech is more or less equalized (well, except for the Wii and now the Wii U). I got really aggravated by all the 360 vs. PS3 hardware bickering when in actuality, they ran on the more or less the same level of GPU and CPU. But the PS3 did have the advantage of blu-ray, while the 360 had the advantage of having better exclusive games.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Depends on the quality of the games. I'm with what @KDude said, though. Tech is more or less equalized (well, except for the Wii and now the Wii U). I got really aggravated by all the 360 vs. PS3 hardware bickering when in actuality, they ran on the more or less the same level of GPU and CPU. But the PS3 did have the advantage of blu-ray, while the 360 had the advantage of having better exclusive games.

MBTI
    INFJ

I might be interested in it if we are all still here by that time, with the sky falling and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I might be interested in it if we are all still here by that time, with the sky falling and all that.
    Eh? Just when I thought all the apocalyptic Mayan zombie rapture obsession was finally over, and humanity could finally start fixating on progress and peace... now there's something new? :\

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Eh? Just when I thought all the apocalyptic Mayan zombie rapture obsession was finally over, and humanity could finally start fixating on progress and peace... now there's something new? :\
    Eh, the dollar is supposed to be about to collapse unrecoverably leading to a global crisis and rioting and blah blah blah....

Frankly I don't believe it, I was just being sarcastic when I mentioned that.

It's funny how people will keep going though (except the totally certified ones....)

It's like "well, the world is ending but I've still got my routine to do."

Yeah, I never understood the whole going about daily routine thing either. When I'm in a state of unrest and truly see warning signs, I bunker down, or shut down literally until the smoke clears so I can make a decent decision. But I can't go about routine at the very least.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm too much of a PC guy, which is a shame since there's not much market for PC games so games that end up on PC are originally developped on console systems and usually have bad ports or console like gameplay.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf