Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    How have you addressed the security aspects of your phone: everything from security of data if lost or stolen, to hacking/eavesdropping/spyware, to their potential use to track your whereabouts? This is the main reason why I do not have a cell phone.
    I'm more worried about something along the lines of this happening.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    I'm more worried about something along the lines of this happening.
    So you are worried that, while you are using your phone to check out some girl, she is checking you out, and realizes you are checking her out . . . Oy Vey. The solution here is obvious.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

So you are worried that, while you are using your phone to check out some girl, she is checking you out, and realizes you are checking her out . . . Oy Vey. The solution here is obvious.
    No, apparently the mobile app locates other mobile users in the area and the distance of their device from my device. And I physically saw one of those mobile users in the store I was in. That was just an awkward feeling, hence, I handled it in a mature fashion and got rid of the app.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    No, apparently the mobile app locates other mobile users in the area and the distance of their device from my device. And I physically saw one of those mobile users in the store I was in. That was just an awkward feeling, hence, I handled it in a mature fashion and got rid of the app.
    Seems like the up-close-and-personal version of the general tracking problem. Is there a way to block being located, other than turning off your phone and removing the battery?

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Reverb. It does everything I need without a huge pricetag. I also have Virgin service and the price is unbeatable (300min/unlimited text and data - $25/mo). I would never consider a contact. My husband has an iPhone 4 and he's said many times he would rather have my phone.
    How did you get this? I didn't find any unlimited text/data at this price on their websitel The cheapest was $35/month, as Engineer mentions. This adds up fast, for something I have lived quite well without so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    I use an Android Optimus V with the Virgin Mobile $35/mo. Unlimited Data and Texting + 500 anytime minutes plan.

I like Androids-- love mine, in fact-- but I'd recommend going with an iPhone because they're uncomplicated and don't require as much app-finding to get how you want them. Functional, if not fully customizable. I think Virgin does a pretty cheap iPhone-supporting plan as well, comparable to the one I use if not identical.
    I assume both of you with Virgin service bought your phone from them also. Apparently they require it, and the phones seem expensive. What are the options for buying a phone separate from the service? I see phones for sale all over the place, so it must be common enough.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

How did you get this? I didn't find any unlimited text/data at this price on their websitel The cheapest was $35/month, as Engineer mentions. This adds up fast, for something I have lived quite well without so far.
    Because I had Virgin service prior to them raising the price from $25/mo to $35/mo.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Might not be related to the topic, but I'm not liking the fact that Android phones are getting bigger and bigger.

I might just get an iPhone for the slim factor.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Attached Images Attached Images
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Vetani View Post
    Might not be related to the topic, but I'm not liking the fact that Android phones are getting bigger and bigger.

I might just get an iPhone for the slim factor.
    True, but there are still a decent amount of relatively smaller ones, like 4" and 4.3". Plus a lot of them have smaller bezels; compared with older phones of a smaller screen that have larger bezels, they really are not much bigger, if at all.

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by _eric_ View Post
    True, but there are still a decent amount of relatively smaller ones, like 4" and 4.3". Plus a lot of them have smaller bezels; compared with older phones of a smaller screen that have larger bezels, they really are not much bigger, if at all.
    But then I'll be settling for substandard specs T.T

I want my quad-core snapdragon S4 too.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    http://motorcitytimes.com/mct/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/CellPhoneWithRotaryDial.jpg
    must appeal to the same hipster "I don't know if I like new stuff or old stuff" crowd that loves Apple so much.