User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    Not yet, I am still procrastinating on it. I hate dealing with salespeople.
    Why? It's pretty easy if you go in knowing what you want (which you should have a fairly good idea of from online research), and then just tell them you know what you want. If they offer anything else, "no thanks." Or you could just order the phone online.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Why? It's pretty easy if you go in knowing what you want (which you should have a fairly good idea of from online research), and then just tell them you know what you want. If they offer anything else, "no thanks." Or you could just order the phone online.
    But I don't know which plan to get yet. And something tells me that the internet is not showing all the fine print, and something tells me that neither do the salesmen.

MBTI
    ISTx

But I don't know which plan to get yet. And something tells me that the internet is not showing all the fine print, and something tells me that neither do the salesmen.
    You get a certain amount of talking minutes / data. If you go over it, you pay for it. You have probably a 1-2 year contract. Not much else to it, man!

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I wouldnt buy one right now, prices are high. The last Iphone hype is over and more people look for Iphone alternatives, so HTC and Samsung entered the high price policy as well.

Generally I can advice you to never buy a handy with a contract. I have for 3 years now a Desire Z which costed me $450 by the time. I paied that in full and got myself a prepaid provider. Those providers send you a sim card, which you can have automatically paid monthly, so you do not need to manually recharge it. They call it postpaid now. I have a monthly fix price of $2 per month and pay per minute 9 pence. Included in this package is a 200MB data tarif which more than suffices per month. I roughly pay $5 per month, not using sms no more. I am using the mobile for business so it needs to be reliable and it is.

When you basically would choose a contract in which you have to pay more than $20 a month, its a rip-off. I have work colleagues who pay for their Iphones $100 a month an who still have to pay for their old Iphone models. Thats a huge waste of money on just a phone. For $300 you already get a small netbook, which is easy to carry and equipped with Linux a dozens of times more useful.

Be careful with high-priced models, its a huge rip-off at the moment, cause people are stupid. Give it another year or two and this hype will end and the phones will be reasonably priced again. The concept behind every of these phones are basically powerful mikroprocessors who are able to run small operating systems. Here's an example of such a thing, this "computer" is even able to run Linux. I have one as logic for a media center at my home: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

The raspberry costs roughly $25 and the same applies for smartphones. The most costy is prolly the display but the manufactures roughly earn between 300 - 700% depending on how high their high price policy is.

Especially do never support apple ! They are not only very costy and dont even build their own phones, but buy their parts; they are inhuman as well. Its only one month ago when there was a huge uprising in one of their factories in China. Buying stuff from them, you'ld support third world exploitation...

If you really want a phone right now, look for older models or used ones. The older ones are first generation and pretty solid. The HTC Desire is a good beginner model. You should be able to acquire one very cheaply. I wouldnt pay more than $150. Thats about what they are really worth.
    I did a similar thing to you, I got my Motorola RAZR MAXX in July 2012. Paid about $700 upfront for the phone (for a gauge, iPhone 5 and S3 is about $1200 in Singapore without contract) and bought a prepaid sim card to go along with it.

Might not be as shiny as the iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S3, but I won't have to worry about monthly contracts and overshooting bills. My monthly expenses for my phone is $10 because I don't really need to call/text/3G much. Much more worth it imo.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The Galaxy Note II is a bit too big and doesn't look like it'll fit in my pocket very well. Aside from the pen and a slightly more advanced version of Android, how different is the Galaxy S III?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

OOOOhhhh, You need to felt a little bag for it, as I am planning to do when I get one. The size is necessary for surfing, etc!

Like this:

Attachment 8771

Or lol:

Attachment 8772
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    INTJ
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    OOOOhhhh, You need to felt a little bag for it, as I am planning to do when I get one. The size is necessary for surfing, etc!

Like this:

Attachment 8771

Or lol:

Attachment 8772
    I dunno, but I'm starting to find the Note to be the equivalent of those giant TV remotes for old people.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I dunno, but I'm starting to find the Note to be the equivalent of those giant TV remotes for old people.

haha

maybe. I like keeping things simple. I could use it for everything all on my hip and I like that.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Got the Galaxy S III. Waiting for it to port over my number and then activate it.