User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

The average American uses about 2gb a month (source: it's on the internet somewhere) but it depends hugely on what you use. Games, movies, and streaming music suck down way more data than anything else.

Personally, I like android because where iPhones are consumer electronic devices, android phones are hobby kits. And I don't use data plans at all anymore. I find paying piecemeal for data insulting somehow and wifi off my home internet works better. (And is useless if one is on the move, but I don't use services that require constant updates, so whatev.)

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    And you pay what per month on your current plan? What do you have as part of your plan (as in how many voice and texting minutes and how many gigs of data)? Who is your carrier?
    Verizon- over $100 for unlimited data & text with 450 minutes. But it was part of Verizon's old data plans.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

And you pay what per month on your current plan? What do you have as part of your plan (as in how many voice and texting minutes and how many gigs of data)? Who is your carrier?
    just get unlimited data and pay for individual texts and mins called if you want to use internet freely and dont make shit loads of calls and send texts all the time. also you might want to look at getting the phone unlocked, if the those debt plans cost like 100bucks..
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I just picked up a Nokia Lumia 920 with Windows 8, as I used Office 365/Windows 8 for my business. I like it, is taking me some getting used too as I've been an iPhone user for so many years
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    just get unlimited data and pay for individual texts and mins called if you want to use internet freely and dont make shit loads of calls and send texts all the time. also you might want to look at getting the phone unlocked, if the those debt plans cost like 100bucks..
    Does Sprint (not including Virgin Mobile, which I will not get, because um... ) offer a plan that involves pay-as-you-go minutes and texts in addition to unlimited data? I don't need the 450 minutes a month, because don't think I even use up five minutes each month and I ignore texts when I get them.

I'm highly interested in the Galaxy Note II, and only the major carriers (the "Big Four," if you will) carry it.

Speaking of the "Big Four" cell phone carriers, shall we assign a Keirsey temperament to each?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Does Sprint (not including Virgin Mobile, which I will not get, because um... ) offer a plan that involves pay-as-you-go minutes and texts in addition to unlimited data? I don't need the 450 minutes a month, because don't think I even use up five minutes each month and I ignore texts when I get them.

I'm highly interested in the Galaxy Note II, and only the major carriers (the "Big Four," if you will) carry it.

Speaking of the "Big Four" cell phone carriers, shall we assign a Keirsey temperament to each?
    No idea. We have our own companies in finland and they have totally different contracts.

I suggest you test that note in a store, it seems awfully big and you might not like it, more like some tablet/phone hybrid. Personally i find my galaxy s2 the perfect compromize between the size of screen and still keeping the phone at reasonably size.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Of course, the Galaxy S2 is not as expensive, and therefore inferior.

MBTI
    INTP

I am of the opinion that having 2 devices is a lot smarter.

Buy a dumbphone/basic phone for actual calls, texting. Keep another device for actually doing things and browsing the web. And you don't even need a data plan IMO with free Wifi. If that's not good enough, a G connection can be shared as a Wifi hotspot too and save money if you know somebody who would be willing to do it.

You can multitask easier since you can be on the phone while using the other device. Plus it means you get better battery life, since one device doesn't need to do it all. And it gives you a LOT more choice. People who look for the best smartphones box themselves into all the big carriers in the US, due to all the different telecommunications networks (unlike Europe where its' more SIM based) and since all the big carriers have the latest stuff so it's where you have to go. By freeing yourself up from needing a device that has to double as a phone and a phablet, you now have more choice by default.

MBTI
    ISTx

Have you still not gotten a new phone?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Have you still not gotten a new phone?
    Not yet, I am still procrastinating on it. I hate dealing with salespeople.