User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

I use an Android Optimus V with the Virgin Mobile $35/mo. Unlimited Data and Texting + 500 anytime minutes plan.

I like Androids-- love mine, in fact-- but I'd recommend going with an iPhone because they're uncomplicated and don't require as much app-finding to get how you want them. Functional, if not fully customizable. I think Virgin does a pretty cheap iPhone-supporting plan as well, comparable to the one I use if not identical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    I use an Android Optimus V with the Virgin Mobile $35/mo. Unlimited Data and Texting + 500 anytime minutes plan.

I like Androids-- love mine, in fact-- but I'd recommend going with an iPhone because they're uncomplicated and don't require as much app-finding to get how you want them. Functional, if not fully customizable. I think Virgin does a pretty cheap iPhone-supporting plan as well, comparable to the one I use if not identical.
    Identical although the phone has the big price tag vs contract plans.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Is there anything to think about? This one, of course!

Attachment 8670

I just called verizon and the Note for me would be $260 or $270, and $75 per month, with limited texts, and $100 for unlimited.
    This is the phone I've been eyeing, as well. How much data do you get with that plan?

Sprint is the only carrier that offers unlimited data and a Note, but an anonymous source tells me that Sprint service sucks.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

you are definitly crazy, $100 on a phone. That are $2,400 in 2yrs. If you'ld rather save that and buy some evotec shares from that, which are about to go $1 up per share, you'ld make...lemme calculate... $3,507 from it and after that you can exponentially maximize your money. Or save it with a nice interest of 2%. Or buy drugs with it !!

But not a phone
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    This is the phone I've been eyeing, as well. How much data do you get with that plan?

Sprint is the only carrier that offers unlimited data and a Note, but an anonymous source tells me that Sprint service sucks.
    Uh, I don't know stuff like that.

Like I said, it's $100 with unlimited, as far as I know. Verizon has the best service where I live.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Listen to entropie
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    you are definitly crazy, $100 on a phone. That are $2,400 in 2yrs. If you'ld rather save that and buy some evotec shares from that, which are about to go $1 up per share, you'ld make...lemme calculate... $3,507 from it and after that you can exponentially maximize your money. Or save it with a nice interest of 2%. Or buy drugs with it !!

But not a phone
    But then what do you do when you're bored in public? How do you access TypoC when you're not at home or near a laptop if you have one?

I just played around with someone else's Smart Phone and thought it was the coolest thing in the world, which is the other thing that inspired this thread. But yeah, $100 for a phone is superficially a bit too high (I neither like talking to people nor texting), which is why I'm continuously on the fence about it.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by The Ü View Post
    But then what do you do when you're bored in public? How do you access TypoC when you're not at home or near a laptop if you have one?

I just played around with someone else's Smart Phone and thought it was the coolest thing in the world, which is the other thing that inspired this thread. But yeah, $100 for a phone is superficially a bit too high (I neither like talking to people nor texting), which is why I'm continuously on the fence about it.
    I am not anti smartphones, those things are really cool. In fact ten years ago I used WAP, an internet gateway, to access ICQ via my Nokia 8010 and all people told me I am crazy. I am just against paying too much for that phone. They are a huge rip-off and drive people into debt traps.

But I have done some research and it seems that data plans for smartphones seem to be incredibly expensive in the States. At my place all the data plans are flatrates and when your data amount expires only the connection speed is throttled (and the cheapest cost you like $2 a month).

I've found a page that could help you: http://blog.wapreview.com/4872/

I have no understanding of the US providers :/.

Here's my smartphone model: http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Unlocked-A...s=htc+desire+Z

Perfect for typoC browsing cause it has a keyboard. It's due to that rather thick, so if you dont like the keyboard look for the Desire Z. They are solid models and dropped in price only 40% in 2 years, which is slow in the electronic world. You can acess and download everything from the android market. The android OS is older on these models but you wont ever have a problem with apps and the OS version. Addiotionally its unlocked, so you can jailbreak it later. That means you can login as root in the android OS and do some nasty stuff. Thats cool if you want to control your toaster via phone
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ISTx

It's true that phone/data plans are way too expensive. I have discounts on my service and its stil $75 a month. I have the lowest minutes plan too.

MBTI
    ISTx

It's true that phone/data plans are way too expensive. I have discounts on my service and its stil $75 a month. I have the lowest minutes plan too.