• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How fast is your internet?

Ryadai

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
2334399123.png

Not too bad! Upload speed seems shoddy though.

_eric_

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
2389442797.png

I'm so jealous of a lot of you guys. :(

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
2254995254.png

What the fuck? That's only A-? What do they think constitutes A+? 24/7 torrenting unmodified Blu-ray movies images or supporting a 200 computer network from a single access point?

2389442797.png

I'm so jealous of a lot of you guys. :(

Bitch, I'm so jealous of you.

And also, I find it funny how people still use BITS (1000 based), not BYTES (1024 based) for tests and ways of referring to speed. Computers operate in bytes, and download managers show speed in terms of bytes - therefore it's easiest to relate to bytes. it in. Even if you know nothing about speed, you've probably looked at your download manager and see how fast/slow it was.

What sounds faster: 901 megabits or 112.6 megabytes?

G

garbage

2431603198.png

Looks like I win the Internet. :happy0065:

.. except for upload speed. But I'll use magical powers of selection bias to ignore that.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
not very fast, but its enough for me because i dont download stuff much

2431928043.png

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It says 3.30 Mbps download, 0.80 Mbps upload, and 15 Ping. Which is what I paid for when I chose "3 Mbps" on my Internet utility plan, so I guess that's fair. They're delivering as promised.

Download: 88.59
Upload: 111.22
Ping: 2 ms

Pretty fast...

Wow, I think your computer is about to become sentient!

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram

Seems average.. which is what I think we are paying for... It makes me want to check my bill now.. :unsure:

This was from my laptop via wireless router.

EndlessNameless

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp

that's wierd...if my conection is that fast, than why I have to wait for a 3minute youtube video to load for such a long time?! :dry:

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
got me a new internets today :)

2842822048.png

didnt actually need the upgrade, but this was cheaper so what the heck :D

ps. no idea why it connects to some server in estonia

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm gonna do the same test at the new apt in CA to compare. I'll come back & edit this/add those results soon.