• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How fast is your internet?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2323603793.png

I looked up what speeds I'm paying for and it's up to 20 Mb/s for downloads and up to 4 Mb/s for uploads, so it looks like I'm right on the money.

And yet you use Grumpy Cat for an avatar...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

My contract says 35Mb/s. I just got offered to move up to 50Mb/s for $5 more a month. I honestly couldnt see a reason I needed faster then what I have, not even for a measly $5 more a month

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder why I always get ping replies in the 130-150 ms range?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My contract says 35Mb/s. I just got offered to move up to 50Mb/s for $5 more a month. I honestly couldnt see a reason I needed faster then what I have, not even for a measly $5 more a month

Trade?

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I wonder why I always get ping replies in the 130-150 ms range?

Ping is deceptive because there's a difference between how much can be stuffed in the pipe and how fast it actually gets there.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
2324331097.png

It would be more interesting if you said which country each of you come from. I know NZ internet speed is mediocre at best.

EDIT: Ugh, duh. It's written on it. :doh:

[MENTION=4109]entropie[/MENTION] you make me very jealous.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2323603793.png

I looked up what speeds I'm paying for and it's up to 20 Mb/s for downloads and up to 4 Mb/s for uploads, so it looks like I'm right on the money.

Yeah, looks like we have same company, same plan.

It's fast enough for my purposes... plus i remember using a 1200 baud, so this is like magic!!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't get the damned thing to work, so I guess I'll conclude that I have no internet speed :sadbanana:

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
mine's download 22.58
upload 0.48
ping 15ms (gamers love ping!)

I think my pricing package is suppose to have 20 mbs, but they offer other packages of up to 250 mbs for like double the price.

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Look at the ISPs too :D
i did. I thought maybe you could get internet from them for some reason. like maybe they offered it to employees, or guests, or they were internet service providers in some areas