User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 45

  1. #1
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default Inventions that you've never invented

    Here is where you tell us about things you've wanted to invent or wish someone else would invent.

    (I'm looking at you creative NT's right now. *stares* )

  2. #2
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Lawnmower that edges.


    Anti-bee covers for sodas at the river.


    Picnic table covers with elastic bands so it doesn't blow away.





    Will bbl.

  3. #3
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    my boyfriends got a notebook of inventions but I can't tell because you all might steal them!!!

  4. #4
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    In highschool when I was forced into the slave labor of mowing my parents' lawn, I envisioned a wonderful lawn cutter device. It would be custom built to be the same size as your yard, and would hover 30 feet up so that you could still enjoy walking around your yard. Then when you needed your lawn trimmed, you simply lowered the contraption, and within a few seconds the entire yard would be cut.

    A side bonus is that this would be so enormous, it would most likely block the sun so you wouldn't need to use it very often.

    Disclaimer: I never said I invented anything practical. I am an idea generator, nothing more.

  5. #5
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    ^ I love it!

    - A clear, plastic "T" that you snap around icicle christmas lights so that they're easier to hang and actually dangle down instead of being bunched up. They'd stack fairly flat against each other in two separate pieces so that they'd be easy to store after the holidays.

    - A liquor store that delivers to households.

    In my childhood, before picture-phones and photobuckets and things like that, I had imagined people would want less if they could take a picture of the item they wanted and put it in a vault of some sort.. then later, if they could still name the thing they wanted and desired, it'd be worth buying. If they forgot though, it wouldn't be worth it. I did this in my head all the time.. I think I somehow encouraged a crappy memory as a result.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  6. #6
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ I love it!

    - A clear, plastic "T" that you snap around icicle christmas lights so that they're easier to hang and actually dangle down instead of being bunched up. They'd stack fairly flat against each other in two separate pieces so that they'd be easy to store after the holidays.

    - A liquor store that delivers to households.

    In my childhood, before picture-phones and photobuckets and things like that, I had imagined people would want less if they could take a picture of the item they wanted and put it in a vault of some sort.. then later, if they could still name the thing they wanted and desired, it'd be worth buying. If they forgot though, it wouldn't be worth it. I did this in my head all the time.. I think I somehow encouraged a crappy memory as a result.
    @bold, I bet a million dollars that this will first be deployed in Texas.

  7. #7
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    @bold, I bet a million dollars that this will first be deployed in Texas.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  8. #8
    FigerPuppet
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    my boyfriends got a notebook of inventions but I can't tell because you all might steal them!!!
    Home-delivery of drugs has been done before.

  9. #9
    Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Self cleaning house, particularly one which after cleaning puts crispy clean sheets on the bed.

    I'm waiting for the day where i can communicate with my AI house...
    "Hey house?... hows do you feel about solar panels?"

    /tangent
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

  10. #10
    Senior Membrane spirilis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni
    Posts
    2,652

    Default

    It's already been invented (and does a lot more + costs a hell of a lot more), but an apparatus to measure & monitor both grill dome temperatures and roast temperatures and text message you when the roast is done smoking (or if the charcoal is going out, or getting too hot).

    I'm in the middle of (re-?)inventing this right now, with an eye to lowering cost (and running off batteries outdoors for hopefully 1+ years between battery changes)
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-05-2014, 06:16 PM
  2. MBTI Types of British TV Shows You've Never Heard of.
    By Mort Belfry in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 06:33 PM
  3. Things you've never done that most people you know have
    By Such Irony in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 09-21-2011, 10:11 PM
  4. Jobs that you've liked/loved
    By darlets in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-01-2007, 11:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO