• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inventions that you've never invented

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Here is where you tell us about things you've wanted to invent or wish someone else would invent.

(I'm looking at you creative NT's right now. *stares* :nerd:)

W

WALMART

Lawnmower that edges.

Anti-bee covers for sodas at the river.

Picnic table covers with elastic bands so it doesn't blow away.

Will bbl.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my boyfriends got a notebook of inventions but I can't tell because you all might steal them!!!

A

Anew Leaf

In highschool when I was forced into the slave labor of mowing my parents' lawn, I envisioned a wonderful lawn cutter device. It would be custom built to be the same size as your yard, and would hover 30 feet up so that you could still enjoy walking around your yard. Then when you needed your lawn trimmed, you simply lowered the contraption, and within a few seconds the entire yard would be cut.

A side bonus is that this would be so enormous, it would most likely block the sun so you wouldn't need to use it very often.

Disclaimer: I never said I invented anything practical. I am an idea generator, nothing more.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
^ :rofl1: I love it!

- A clear, plastic "T" that you snap around icicle christmas lights so that they're easier to hang and actually dangle down instead of being bunched up. They'd stack fairly flat against each other in two separate pieces so that they'd be easy to store after the holidays.

- A liquor store that delivers to households.

In my childhood, before picture-phones and photobuckets and things like that, I had imagined people would want less if they could take a picture of the item they wanted and put it in a vault of some sort.. then later, if they could still name the thing they wanted and desired, it'd be worth buying. If they forgot though, it wouldn't be worth it. I did this in my head all the time.. I think I somehow encouraged a crappy memory as a result. :doh:

A

Anew Leaf

^ :rofl1: I love it!

- A clear, plastic "T" that you snap around icicle christmas lights so that they're easier to hang and actually dangle down instead of being bunched up. They'd stack fairly flat against each other in two separate pieces so that they'd be easy to store after the holidays.

- A liquor store that delivers to households.

In my childhood, before picture-phones and photobuckets and things like that, I had imagined people would want less if they could take a picture of the item they wanted and put it in a vault of some sort.. then later, if they could still name the thing they wanted and desired, it'd be worth buying. If they forgot though, it wouldn't be worth it. I did this in my head all the time.. I think I somehow encouraged a crappy memory as a result. :doh:

@bold, I bet a million dollars that this will first be deployed in Texas.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Self cleaning house, particularly one which after cleaning puts crispy clean sheets on the bed.

I'm waiting for the day where i can communicate with my AI house...
"Hey house?... hows do you feel about solar panels?"

/tangent

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's already been invented (and does a lot more + costs a hell of a lot more), but an apparatus to measure & monitor both grill dome temperatures and roast temperatures and text message you when the roast is done smoking (or if the charcoal is going out, or getting too hot).

I'm in the middle of (re-?)inventing this right now, with an eye to lowering cost (and running off batteries outdoors for hopefully 1+ years between battery changes)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
It's already been invented (and does a lot more + costs a hell of a lot more), but an apparatus to measure & monitor both grill dome temperatures and roast temperatures and text message you when the roast is done smoking (or if the charcoal is going out, or getting too hot).

I'm in the middle of (re-?)inventing this right now, with an eye to lowering cost (and running off batteries outdoors for hopefully 1+ years between battery changes)

Thats useful, I preorder one :).

I have always wanted to build a fully-automated lawnmower robot. Main problem is prolly navigation tho. Best solution we had back in the days was some copper wire which marks the borders of the lawn and the robot working within that field with an induction coil on top of it. Problem was this went over my abilities back then. A week ago or so I have seen a Bosch device, the first automatic lawnmower I've seen so far for sale. It had no pricing so the price is surely big. It works with the same principle we postulated back then, I think the guy with the idea sold it to them. :)

Another invention would be the transistor that works with light. So the optical transistor. That would be revolutonary.

And another good invention would be all kinds of new propulsion, especially something spaceworthy. Maybe electrical engines that can utilize muons instead of electrons or other quantum physical things.

Last but not least, a nice product lifecycle chain would be nice. The "from cradle to cradle" concept so to say, in which a product lifetime and ressources are brought back into the cycle again.

For that we'ld need to reinvent tho society as a whole and make it less greedier and egoistic. That tho will never happen. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@bold, I bet a million dollars that this will first be deployed in Texas.

there are convenient stores that deliver tho...shit unless that wasn't a legitimate business...now i can't remember. :/ it was a long time ago...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh also i totally invented on star in my sleep...i randomly mentioned it to someone and they told me it actually already existed...

i invented a folding rocking chair...for mommies to rock their babies to sleep while away...then i think someone told me that there was something like that for football games...idk i still think it could work because they're not in baby stores or marketed to mothers.

i also invented...it also may exist already i have no idea...but i want someting that functions like dvr but for your car...the radio in your car...so you can record and save music you like.

i have lots all the time...i'll have to have some coffee and come back

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I invented Post-It notes.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Don't mock me boy! I'm for real!

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Why can't they just combine the fucking Swiffer SweeperVac and the Swiffer WetJet :mad:

How impractical. What the hell kind of grass is it going to mow up there

I guess that'll be another invention for the list - invisible sky grass. :D