User Tag List

Thread: Change in address

Member Array
    LII sp/so

Question Change in address

So, two weeks ago, I recorded a certain bird within the city. A full family- breeding pair and juvenile. They were observed for two weeks, and they followed a very strict schedule each day, so that rules out the possibility of them having wandered into town by chance. All previous records state that it is found only in well-wooded country. Any reason as to why the breeding pair might have chosen to lay their egg in the heart of the city, as opposed to the outskirts where conflict with humans is comparatively negligible? The bird is imperfectly known, and no papers exist online. I'm baffled.

Jingoism belongs in the trash, so you had better keep it to yourself.

I am curious. What species of bird is this breeding pair and juvenile?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield