• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The World's First Bionic Eye

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
http://dvice.com/archives/2012/08/australian-scie.php

"The person outfitted with the bionic eye is 54-year-old Dianne Ashworth, who underwent the implant surgery back in May. Currently, she only has the ability to see spots of light and shapes using the bionic eye, but the Bionics Institute in Australia expects to improve the facility of the device in the near future to allow her to enjoy more distinct images using the implant. The bionic eye works using electrodes connected to a device fitted onto Ashworth's ear, which is connected to another processing device in the bionics lab."

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fantastic!

Have to say i was a little dissapointed that she appreared to have her natural eye/s.

I think if i were to ever have this surgery i'd opt for something a little more robot-ish.

But yes, we continue to move forwards with science which is wonderful, i'm still waiting for the gene that keeps you young... or the aging gene that you can remove or somesuch.

Eternal youth, would you chose to stay young forever? How long would you wish to live?

Really it's just a matter of time.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
we're getting close!

Jensen_augs_noshades.jpg

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Too awesome - I wonder if she was able to see from that eye before-hand, and just gradually lost sight over time. Regardless, it must be great to be able to see out of your defunct eye for the first time/for the first time in a long while.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
I feel like with this and cochlear implants, Hellen Keller jokes will fade away into irrelevancy pretty soon.

But seriously, this is way cool. Can't wait till she can see more than just blobs and vague lights.