• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

which is better iyo google drive or drop box?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I have a drop box but i only have 2 gigs and if i got a google drive i'd have 5 gigs, but I dunno which is better i use it to share music with my dad and i usually delete the file after he's downloaded it. so i can't see ever needing more than 2gigs. with that being said it takes forever for the files to upload i was wondering if google drive is faster.

Permabanned
I use them both along with sugar sync, and I'm not even jew, I just have need for cloud storage and <3 free. Speed is dependent of your internet connection mostly, I haven't found any differences between the services on that regard. Pro tip: just leave it on overnight, or get on a fast connection at school or similar to sync.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I use them both along with sugar sync, and I'm not even jew, I just have need for cloud storage and <3 free. Speed is dependent of your internet connection mostly, I haven't found any differences between the services on that regard. Pro tip: just leave it on overnight, or get on a fast connection at school or similar to sync.

weird, because our connection is fast, and it downloads faster than it uploads.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
we have two isps the first one i tested had 91ms for ping. download speed of 3.51 MBPS and upload speed of 1.26 MBPS

and the second one isn't showing up. so i'll do that one later

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I use SpeedTest.net also. I just recently upgraded and my download speed time usually averages between 9.50 and 10.50 MBPS. My upload speed almost never goes above 0.52 MBPS. My ping usually averages between 40 - to - 55 ms

I wish I had a bigger ping. :blush:

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I use Google Drive for documents but not for music. I find Google Drive to be very slow at times in opening documents. Sometimes it will take several minutes for a document to fully upload so that I can go in and edit it. Other times, Google Drive will be really quick. Because of the inconsistent speed, I've considered trying something else.

S

Society

i find google drive better suited for my own files, while i need dropbox to exchange files with others because more people i know seem to use it. i also still email attachments.

Icarus

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I prefer Dropbox, if only because I don't like Google. You can get a lot more dropbox space by inviting people btw.