User Tag List

First 12

Thread: BIOS Modding

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Plug n' Play...yes, I associate that term with making everything EASY. If everything or almost everything is Plug n' Play then I know I can connect everything. I'm done with buying over-priced ready-made PC's. My next PC will be a build-your-own kit.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolfen View Post
    Plug n' Play...yes, I associate that term with making everything EASY. If everything or almost everything is Plug n' Play then I know I can connect everything. I'm done with buying over-priced ready-made PC's. My next PC will be a build-your-own kit.
    Yeah most things are nowdays. Occasionally you still get an odd bit that will not function without the exact drivers - network interfaces are some times prone to this. But even with hard drives and video cards like 99% of the time if you plug the thing in it will at least work when you turn it on. It may not have all the functionality but it's enough to use the computer and get the proper drivers in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolfen View Post
    Yes, it actually is quite easy. If you have looked at manuals to make something, then building a kit shouldn't be that bad.

But like Sprinkles said, make sure not to shock some of the components in the kit (especially the CPU.) You might want to get one of these to be on the safe side.

Also, if I ever do upgrade to a new motherboard and CPU, I might actually start getting an AMD one (looking at the higher end CPU's and they look enticing.. and cheap.) Back then, I loved the XPS 730X because the tower was... a full tower, and the wattage on this thing still allows me to upgrade (up to 1000 watts.) Still love it, but it needs an update soon (or rather, I don't need to update yet, but I want to.)

MBTI
    ISTP

Dell is so overpriced. Building a computer from parts is by far the best solution and usually much cheaper. I upgraded recently with top of the line stuff; gfxcard, quadcore i7 cpu, motherboard and ram for around $1300. It is seriously not hard to put together. Furniture from IKEA is worse lol.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I am the bullet, you are the bullseye. When I hit, there's nothing left"

http://crafter79.mypersonality.info

@Werewolfen

[YOUTUBE="wPB3HcMjf2E"]Gaming PC Build instructions[/YOUTUBE]

This might help you a little in building your rig.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yep, there's a lot of How-To-Videos on youtube about PC building. I know I can do this and I'm looking forward to it. I won't be expert but I can find enough online help to walk me through the process.