• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Oculus Rift: Virtual Reality Gaming.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game

It already has $1 million in donations (4 times the asking amount,) and looks promising.

Donate quite a bit and you'll get the prototype of the thing and Doom 3 (that works with it)

Video in the link

---------------------------------

Maybe we'll start getting some very advanced virtual reality games (for cheap) sometime.

Virtual Reality Dead Space, Resident Evil, Final Fantasy, MW3, and loads of other games you've probably played would sound fun.

Don't piss your pants playing Dead Space though.

S

Society

i think something along the lines of better versions of google glasses would more easily allow for mainstream VR games, embedded reality or full screen. would be awesome if it could connect to Kinect or something like it, but kinnect requires visual basic / dot.com, and google glasses will probably run on a java virtual machine, so connecting the two can be difficult without any offical support. maybe kinnect would get a nice competing product. alterantively you can use the software for visual dot tracking (motion sensing through a regular camera) to track your hands and fingers within the google glass's view, basically requiring that you will keep your hands within your visual field at all times.. i can see that being frustrating.

W

WALMART

Yeah, I'd be stoked if it delivers, 'cause playing DOOM 4 on it will be sweet.