• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Alice

Mole

Permabanned
This is a nice and easy way to tell stories on your computer.

You can download Alice at Alice.org and start the tutorial.

It's free.

Victor.

Mole

Permabanned
Walking with Alice and flying with Max

Good heavens, I am learning to program.

Alice is the first step I am taking.

When I can learn to walk with Alice, I will attempt to fly with Max.

And I want your support at this delicate stage.

V.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Good heavens, I am learning to program.

Alice is the first step I am taking.

When I can learn to walk with Alice, I will attempt to fly with Max.

And I want your support at this delicate stage.

V.

Hey Victor, come fly with me come fly let's fly away!

I'm pretty interested in 3D-modelling and alot of the DIY stuff on Google Earth makes it pretty accessable, which is no bad thing. Alice looks pretty good, actually.

You don't work for Alice, do ya?

:cheers:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
"Alice" was the name given to a big vat of green-colored goo made of secret ingredients and rumored to include unsavory items such as road kill. Crowds would fill the stadium — packing it better than it was for football games — to watch student knights being corralled and fight as they would be dropped into the vat of slime.

Whenever I hear 'Alice', I think of the St. Pats celebrations back in college.

Mole

Permabanned
Hey Victor, come fly with me come fly let's fly away!

I'm pretty interested in 3D-modelling and alot of the DIY stuff on Google Earth makes it pretty accessable, which is no bad thing. Alice looks pretty good, actually.

You don't work for Alice, do ya?

:cheers:

Yes, Banana, I think Alice is pretty good. It is designed to introduce high school and college students to programming.

I became interested because I want to program Max 5 from Cycling '74 || New Tools For Media and I was thinking Alice might be a fun and easy way for me to get used to the concepts of programming.

I have done the very first tutorial and it is fun and easy.

What I have in mind at this point is to tell stories and I will need characters. I don't know how to make them and your interest in 3D modelling may be very useful.

Thanks for writing to me.

Oh yes, I don't work for Alice but I am told you can get anything you want in Alice's restaurant.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Fucking shit! When I saw this thread title that's the first thing I thought of! Roy Chubby Brown! Classic! :laugh:

It's the Ni, Jen.

We may be more similar than you think...:holy:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That's interesting, Victor. I think I'd still need (and prefer) a book to learn everything, but this might be helpful for getting past the initial hurdles, depending on your personality.

Fucking shit! When I saw this thread title that's the first thing I thought of! Roy Chubby Brown! Classic! :laugh:

It's the Ni, Jen.

We may be more similar than you think...:holy:

The first thing I thought of was "Alice in Wonderland." What does that mean?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Maybe. I am married to an English INTJ and you're almost English. In fact I found the perfect accessory for you.
sscotlandtartanhat.jpg

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Hehe. You're just tried to pull my puddin' [er, wind me up].

It won't work I tell you!

And that ridiculous ginger hair...nearly as bad as the "hat".

Edit. Together Jen we can get this thread moved to the fluff section, just like all of Victor's other threads! But he's used to it "down under"...hehe! I'm sure he will like that little joke ;)