• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you use your phone for the most?

Lark

I know that my phone has a camera and does text, calls, internet, can play vids, play games and do a lot more besides but I mainly use it for checking facebook, making and receiving calls and nothing else.

What do you use yours for and do you think that you use it to its complete and full potential or just limited like I do?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I use it for phoning my parents every so often. I suspect that in could make contact with other people as well, but I've never explored the possibility.

On the whole, I suspect I'm not using the phones full potential. you, it's so old it doesn't have many of the features of a modern phone anyway.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mostly for texting. Never for Internet, though it might have the capability, not sure.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
Surfing Typology Central.

Oh come on, someone was going to say it eventually...

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
I use it most often for checking facebook and sending IMs. It's kind of ridiculous and I should go back to a dumbphone.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
No question. Web browsing. I take the train to work in the morning, and probably about 90% of my phone's entire use is browsing on the train. I rarely make/receive calls on it, and have probably sent/received about 30 text messages on it in the 2 years I've had it.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Hanging up.

Bahahaha!

I tell people not to call me (unless it's a work-related person, of course) because I hate talking on the phone, so I guess I primarily use it for texting and as an alarm clock.

raindancing

actinomycetes
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
web browsing, taking pictures, gps, facebook, texting, email. I don't think I've ever used it as an actual phone though...

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Phoning people. (I'm beginning to feel this is weird)

Texting

Internet

Taking pictures

Occasionally games

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To excuse myself from meetings that I don't need to be attending. :whistling:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I text or use the Internet.

I rarely actually TALK on the phone, unless I have to for business, or it's my mom, or something like that.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Corresponding with friends via text/calling doctor offices, mostly.
And harassing my friends with way too many candidcatphotos of Jack.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I use it for work, lots of texting, checking facebook while I'm out. I feel pretty uncomfortable with being on the phone usually so I rarely actually talk, haha.

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
For quite a few years now Verizon sells a prepaid but cheap ($14.88) cell phone that comes with $10.00 credit towards whatever plan you choose. I've bought quite a few of these phones from Walmart. For someone who rarely uses a cell phone, that deal is hard to beat. I'll spend $15 a month on a prepaid card to put on my cell phone to roll-over the previous dollar amount of minutes I still have before the deadline comes up and I lose everything. As long as the cell phone will send and receive calls, then that's the only features I'm concerned with.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
In the morning:
- alarm
- get the weather forecast
- read the news (various newspaper rss feeds),

During the day:
- language study (various mp3s and pdfs that are phenomenally boring to use and read at a desk but are interesting while mobile)
- music for outside

Evening:
- reading novels.

Once in a while I shall place a call too. I used to text more back when phones had keypads.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Probably web browsing and fb mostly. Pretty often for texting, keeping shopping and to do lists and tracking diet, etc. I use the camera fairly often. Don't actually talk on the phone much... mainly cause I hate talking on the phone, but it is kind of funny that its still called a phone when some people rarely use it like that!