User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I probably shouldn't have clicked the Arcanum link (weirdly hoping it had something to do with my most favorite videogame, yeah wishful thinking.).

There's no way I'm going to read all this. :P

By the way, for someone who claims to be in a TiNi loop, there seems to be a lot of Ne going around in this thread. Got an explanation for that?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I probably shouldn't have clicked the Arcanum link (weirdly hoping it had something to do with my most favorite videogame, yeah wishful thinking.).

There's no way I'm going to read all this. :P

By the way, for someone who claims to be in a TiNi loop, there seems to be a lot of Ne going around in this thread. Got an explanation for that?
    The explanation is that I am INTP but just did not fully realize it till now!

You should tell this to @Chawie about me and the Ne, because he came to my wall and said I lacked Ne. What a duetchbag!

MBTI
    ENTJ

Ugh. There's a difference between Ne and just rehashing every single piece of spiritual-technological info one can find to build shallow Ti frameworks that lack discernment of value, validity and priority levels of information. A proper intp wouldn't bother expressing the data until it had been properly assessed in a proper Ne framework which would make the data's communication both interesting and meaningful to its likely readers (who a proper intp would know would just search out the information themselves if they were so inclined rather than clicking on this insane clusterfuck).
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    Ugh. There's a difference between Ne and just rehashing every single piece of spiritual-technological info one can find to build shallow Ti frameworks that lack discernment of value, validity and priority levels of information. A proper intp wouldn't bother expressing the data until it had been properly assessed in a proper Ne framework which would make the data's communication both interesting and meaningful to its likely readers (who a proper intp would know would just search out the information themselves if they were so inclined rather than clicking on this insane clusterfuck).
    Does this mean ISTPs make better mad theorists than INTPs?

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm not really sure how this thread could be classified as "better" in any way than a more meaningful and organized collection of theories, no matter how mad the subject matter is. You are clearly not a normal person from ISTP or INTP standards, mad theorizing ability is something quite different from mbti type imo. By the way, those on ventrilo chat wish for you to join them to discuss your theories. Consider this a formal invitation.
    Likes Hawthorne liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Actually, (separate from Chawie) anytime I clicked on this thread I thought it reeked of Ni, I was with Chawie and others in the "RaptorWizard should join vent" convo though.

I'm always up on the current news round here.
    Reporting live.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Chawie View Post
    Ehh, I think you misinterpret his use of Ne, somehow, I'm not sure what your definition of Ne is. I don't see how you can not spot the clues that reek of Ne.

I see a wide variety usage of analogies, patterns and connections that one would not reach without the use of Ne, also tey lack the finesse to be seen as Ni in most cases although that line can be vague sometimes. But the difference between comparisons of Ne and Ni, although a subtle one, is actually quite simple.

A Ne analogy generally focuses on the idea of the similarity whilest a Ni analogy generally would focus on the dominate aspect of the similarity. Although both are not neccesarily exclusive to each other in written form, hence the vague line.

However, if you look at the goal of his intuitiveness. It seems that he does not demand action to fulfill a new vision of the future, but rather focuses on a desire to reach a better understanding. This is why I mainly believe it is Ne and not Ni.

Now you seem to argue the worth of his subject, and because you find his ideas to be odd you claim him to be unhealthy per MBTI standards. Even though I'm sure you must at least know philosophy is subjective.

Don't take this as a personal attack or anything, as I don't mean it like that, but just because it doesn't fit to your Fi values, doesn't mean it holds no weight to someone else. If anything, your reaction to him seems to stem from your own inferior Te.

In fact I don't see any lack of cognative functions in this topic if you assume he is INTP.

There is obviously a lot of Ti, there is a lot of Ne and also a very clear abundance of Si. I've read far from all the posts in this topic, but I've even read some posts that seem to have inferior Fe shining through them.

Wether or not you can enjoy reading his posts has nothing to do with his lack of congative skills, but everything to do with your Fi values. You must understand that he is not preaching some absolute belief here. But rather sharing his thoughts most likely as a means to shape them further for himself. Trying to make some more sense of the inexplicable. This is something most INTP's do, although most are too lazy to take it this far publically. But if he does this as a means to wind down or a coping mechanism (something not at all unfamiliar to INTP's) it explains a lot. Even though most INTP's won't do this, it doesn't mean he is not a healthy INTP by cognative standards.

That said, ofcourse I might be wrong and that he does have his cognative functions skewed a bit. But from this thread, I don't see the evidence of that and quite frankly find your opinion of him to be hazy at best.

MBTI
    ENTJ

There is a lot to do with Ne in this topic, yes, but I do not see any use of it on Raptor Wizard's part. An ESTJ could write an essay about relativity, providing relevant data, does that mean that the ESTJ is using Ti because the subject matter was constructed within a Ti mental framework (Einstein)?

I am not arguing against the worth of the subject matter itself (in fact I hold many of the ideas in this thread to be true, and have read most of it), rather the way that it is being presented is not done so in a way that would interest anyone who before had not looked into these kinds of ideas and would not provide any sort of valid context for a skeptic to find them to be a grounds of any sort of meaningful truth with which they could discover and consolidate their own personal subjective philosophies on these subjects, nor would they likely motivate a person to go out and seek out the core truths of the subjects from more reliable and organized sources.

The reason perhaps I came across negatively was because he accused me of being a douchebag without me even posting in this thread, that was the only Fi value of mine that this thread crossed. My inferior Te was more activated by your misunderstanding of his Ne use or lack there of. And I do not find him unhealthy per MBTI standards (is such a thing even possible?) nor in any other standard, I just find his understanding of mbti to be not complete enough to understand yet just how it is that it is possible to be an ISTP while having the kind of mind, personality and inclinations that he does have simply because he has not yet spent enough time interacting and spotting the differences between himself and others within an mbti context (although it is easily argued that he has, but this is a subjective concept).

Si use in this thread is very minimal, imo, there is little relation of more recent posts to older ones nor are there many connections drawn between them in a way in which one could translate the ideas into something meaningful for everyday life, which is what si intends to do, even among INTP 5s. It's much more Ni in my opinion.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

There is a lot of Si in the sense that every idea is built up from the origin point of the idea. Rather than from any other perspective. This is also how I build up my ideas. I start at the beginning and work my why from there when constructing an explanation or start streaming thoughts. I believe this is due to my Si.

Ofcourse, as you said, that too could be coincidental. But I don't think that's likely.

And like I said, his intuitiveness lacks critical key parts for it to be considered Ni.

Ni has a very speficic purpose and is much more focused to reach a singular understanding, whereas Ne is used to add to an understanding, by building bridges between several ideas.

For this reason, you won't see Ni users rant on like this in any post. As their Ni will be very specific and action oriented, their explanations will be much more tight-knit and for lack of a better word, accurate. Whilest Ne broadens the horizons and supplements an explanation with several facets to create a platform that people might, more easily, connect with. If they don't understand the idea at first, then maybe they will through the analogy presented right after.

His intuitiveness does not conform to Ni in the sense that he adhere's to Ni's inherit principles and much rather seems to follow Ne's desires instead.

MBTI
    ENTJ

In my understanding of Ni and Si, it's that they are very similar in some modes of operation. Ni thoughts don't appear out of nowhere, there is always a point of common origin of all threads of Ni thought, it's just that the point of origin stems from an unconscious framework + conscious stimulus while with an Si thought it is from conscious framework + unconscious stimulus. When communicating, all ideas must be translated in such a means by which it can be seen what the origin point of the idea, along with a clear beginning and extrapolation, no matter the functions originally used for making the thought connections. This thread cannot be viewed as exactly the same as one's inner conscious process as it is a written form of communication to a perceived audience which would therefore require tweaking and is not purely the same as your use of si would be (do you think it even possible that you could create a thread like this, in this kind of social context? Not that I'm disapproving of its existence). One must also examine the subject matter. Do all Si thoughts stem from an intangible questioning into existentialism and the future of the human race without any sort of context, or is that most likely the work of Ni?

There is a large difference between Ni use in an Ni dominant and Ni use by a likely ISTP. His Ni use is marked by inquiries into chunks of Ti framework backed by large quantities of gathered se data without having inquired into its validity nor measured it in a way in which an Ne user would have when establishing reliable sources of information.