• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

would you choose to be a miner on an asteroid?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
I think if i had the opportunity to go and work in this life time, id do it for free. id be willing to put myself in harmsway to see what is out there, if there was danger, diseases. high chance of dying. sure its not the smart but for the opportunity to just see and explore, gather information. even if the conditions were horrid, possibly health complications later in life.

I would go. I wan`t to know and i know i would not regret it.

what about you guys?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I got paid handsomely for it, I would go if I was able to come back after being out there of course. I see no pleasure in wasting away my whole life on a barren rock.
However, if it was a period of... Let's say five years... And if I got paid so much that I would not have to work again... I would do it in a heartbeat.

Space Socks

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If I got paid handsomely for it, I would go if I was able to come back after being out there of course. I see no pleasure in wasting away my whole life on a barren rock.
However, if it was a period of... Let's say five years... And if I got paid so much that I would not have to work again... I would do it in a heartbeat.

At the expense of your sanity? By five years, I'd be too traumatized to work again.

At least I'll have the money to spend it on fixing myself.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would love to get payed, but would happily volunteer my time to do the job. One way trip or other, doesn't matter. I would not pass up a chance to get into space.

Tyrinth

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would definitely do it. Just the chance to do something so different would be interesting, and the chance to get away from the monotony of my life would be awesome.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nah, self preservation comes first. Besides, it would probably get boring after a while.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would choose to mine the inexhaustible energies of the galactic core, filled with thousands upon thousands of supermassive black holes! (I probably don't know what I am talking about.)

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think if i had the opportunity to go and work in this life time, id do it for free. id be willing to put myself in harmsway to see what is out there, if there was danger, diseases. high chance of dying. sure its not the smart but for the opportunity to just see and explore, gather information. even if the conditions were horrid, possibly health complications later in life.

I would go. I wan`t to know and i know i would not regret it.

what about you guys?

Well you do realise its not star trek, its mining stuff on a rock out in space. And it would probably be closer to engineering work than actual old school mining for quite obvious reasons (cost of getting you there, technical aspect and high demand relative to offer)

ygolo

My termites win
I think one of the things that will come out of the asteroid mining venture is technology to mine (even on Earth) with less risk to human life.