INTj Ni

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Vidcard wise it's a Tri-Crossfire setup, you could go for a Dual-Crossfire in which case I'd suggest the single 3870X2 as it leaves room for future expansion, or ditch the 3870 and get a second 3870X2 for a Quad-Crossfire setup.
    I didn't know you could do that... I'd forgotten that you could mix and match with crossfire... Ooo... actually nah. It's taken me long enough. The missus would kill me if I declared I wanted to disassemble my water cooling and make my PC even more complex!

A nice idea for the future though.

Oh and I've got the G15.. not that impressed. The Saitek keyboards have better keys and I find the LCD not very usable. If you check out the Pertelian X2040 I think that's a much better solution.. if a little more geeky
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    I didn't know you could do that... I'd forgotten that you could mix and match with crossfire... Ooo... actually nah. It's taken me long enough. The missus would kill me if I declared I wanted to disassemble my water cooling and make my PC even more complex!

A nice idea for the future though.
    I've been tempted to grab an 3870X2 myself, especially since there was a sale here recently where I could have had one for $390cdn($100 off). Tho I'm in the same situation as you where I'd have to redo my water cooling system.. One of these days tho I'll have to upgrade this x1900XT crossfire setup..

Oh and I've got the G15.. not that impressed. The Saitek keyboards have better keys and I find the LCD not very usable. If you check out the Pertelian X2040 I think that's a much better solution.. if a little more geeky
    As I said keyboards are more personal preference. I didn't like the first version of the Saitek when it came out either, haven't looked at them since, I'll check them out again tho when my G15 dies. I do use the LCD on mine quite a bit at times so

As for the Pertelian.. I almost came home with a 2bay LCD screen the other day.. I was going to mount it below the 2bay DD reservoir I have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9
    Type: 2w% sx/sp/so

I don't want it, I just need it, to breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.

Never take life to seriously.. No one gets out alive in the end anyway.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I've been tempted to grab an 3870X2 myself, especially since there was a sale here recently where I could have had one for $390cdn($100 off). Tho I'm in the same situation as you where I'd have to redo my water cooling system.. One of these days tho I'll have to upgrade this x1900XT crossfire setup..
    I've soaked a few parts though with a leak on the CPU block Changing the cooling unnerves me... Cost me a fortune to replace the motherboard and CPU (the most likely candidates) only to find out it was the PSU :steam:
    As I said keyboards are more personal preference. I didn't like the first version of the Saitek when it came out either, haven't looked at them since, I'll check them out again tho when my G15 dies. I do use the LCD on mine quite a bit at times so
    The old one does look nice. I just don't get on with how clacky the keys are. When my mate types I can hear him downstairs!!
    As for the Pertelian.. I almost came home with a 2bay LCD screen the other day.. I was going to mount it below the 2bay DD reservoir I have
    Almost? What stopped you? Aren't you geek enough?

I do like those DD reservoirs. I ended up getting the XSPC single bay. Mainly because it's supposed to get out those annoying little bubbles but also DD stuff is harder to come by over here. For some reason everyone is obsessed with the metric stuff from Germany. I managed to scrape 1/2" all round by the skin of my teeth.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

I've soaked a few parts though with a leak on the CPU block Changing the cooling unnerves me... Cost me a fortune to replace the motherboard and CPU (the most likely candidates) only to find out it was the PSU :steam:
    At first I was wonderin how a CPU block could have gotten coolant on anything, then I remembered that my case (Silverstone TJ06) mounts the motherboard BTX style so it's at the bottom and not on the top where it'd leak down on everything, just leaks to the bottom of the case.. I guess in the future remember that the coolant/distilled water is dielectric?

I like my external radiator setup for fluid changes etc.. A lot less messy and no worries of anything getting inside the case

The old one does look nice. I just don't get on with how clacky the keys are. When my mate types I can hear him downstairs!!
    Yeah key feel is probably the most important thing to me after layout. I don't like overly loud keys, nor do I like keys that feel like you have to pound them with a sledge to get them to engage.

Layout wise I don't like how the new "style" changes the Ins/Home/PgUp/PgDn/Del/End keys.. Since I use the arrow keys for games and not the WASD control scheme so those 6 are usually weapon selection keys for me.

Almost? What stopped you? Aren't you geek enough?
    lol.. It's a matter of priorities really, I'm moving at some point in the near future so I should really be saving my cash for that instead of spending $200 on an LCD screen to show off my inner geek.

I do like those DD reservoirs. I ended up getting the XSPC single bay. Mainly because it's supposed to get out those annoying little bubbles but also DD stuff is harder to come by over here. For some reason everyone is obsessed with the metric stuff from Germany. I managed to scrape 1/2" all round by the skin of my teeth.
    The 2bay one I have removes the bubbles as well. Sucks about the rarity of DD stuff over there I agree with you tho, a lot of the premade kits all used 3/8"(10mm) so I did my own custom setup since I preferred 1/2"(13mm).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

At first I was wonderin how a CPU block could have gotten coolant on anything, then I remembered that my case (Silverstone TJ06) mounts the motherboard BTX style so it's at the bottom and not on the top where it'd leak down on everything, just leaks to the bottom of the case.. I guess in the future remember that the coolant/distilled water is dielectric?
    You have a Temjin? You truly are a rich kitty!!

Mine's ATX and the PSU is behind the motherboard. The way I managed it is one of the pipes popped of the CPU cooler... Lot's of water... Oh and the water isn't conductive remember... it's the particles suspended in it. Hence pure water doesn't conduct. Of course how you can keep the water pure when it spills onto electrical components which have dust and other conductive particles on them is beyond me
    I like my external radiator setup for fluid changes etc.. A lot less messy and no worries of anything getting inside the case
    Hang on. You've got a double res but an external rad... what's the point of the reservoir? You could have just got a t-line. GEEK!!!
    Yeah key feel is probably the most important thing to me after layout. I don't like overly loud keys, nor do I like keys that feel like you have to pound them with a sledge to get them to engage.
    Exactly. I actually love the M$ 6000 for the key feel. It's great. Very comfy. Mind you after a little MSN last night I can live with the G15. It's only loud when you're not used to typing on it lots. I soon got used to it... not sure if that's a good thing mind you.
    Layout wise I don't like how the new "style" changes the Ins/Home/PgUp/PgDn/Del/End keys.. Since I use the arrow keys for games and not the WASD control scheme so those 6 are usually weapon selection keys for me.
    Is kitty a southpaw? You could always get a gamepad.. not like a console thing but one of those button jobbies for your non mouse hand.
    lol.. It's a matter of priorities really, I'm moving at some point in the near future so I should really be saving my cash for that instead of spending $200 on an LCD screen to show off my inner geek.
    Ah.. castle first... then work out entertainment. Admirable but you know it's ultimately boring right
    The 2bay one I have removes the bubbles as well. Sucks about the rarity of DD stuff over there I agree with you tho, a lot of the premade kits all used 3/8"(10mm) so I did my own custom setup since I preferred 1/2"(13mm).
    Yeah but 3/8" ain't 10mm and neither is 1/2" 13mm. You get all crossed up with barbs and such. My friend has a "poly-piping" system and he's got more elbows and connectors than my central heating!

I stuck with 1/2" all the way... I like simple... not. Could have just stuck with air after all

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

You have a Temjin? You truly are a rich kitty!!
    Yes I do.. and no I'm not.. The fact I do is pretty much why..
    Mine's ATX and the PSU is behind the motherboard. The way I managed it is one of the pipes popped of the CPU cooler... Lot's of water... Oh and the water isn't conductive remember... it's the particles suspended in it. Hence pure water doesn't conduct.
    Hose clamps work wonders
    Of course how you can keep the water pure when it spills onto electrical components which have dust and other conductive particles on them is beyond me
    It's called dusting.. You know can of compressed air every now and then to clean out the inside of your case?

A couple years back when this PC was a lowly Athlon XP in a normal ATX case I came home to the basement apartment I was in to find my apartment under 8" of water (The city storm drains had backed up into the basement). My PC was sitting there happily running away even tho it was upto the 2nd PCI slot in water. I lost a hard drive, but that was it.
    Hang on. You've got a double res but an external rad... what's the point of the reservoir? You could have just got a t-line. GEEK!!!
    Yes.. It's also light by blue LED's from underneath Thats another reason I like my G15.. It fits the black and blue colour theme I have going
    Is kitty a southpaw? You could always get a gamepad.. not like a console thing but one of those button jobbies for your non mouse hand.
    Like the Wolf Claw? I'm not a southpaw tho, just used to using the arrow keys from way back in the early 90's. Tho I do use WASD for COD4.
    Ah.. castle first... then work out entertainment. Admirable but you know it's ultimately boring right
    Hey, it's hard enough to put the castle first.. I don't need any peer pressure thanks
    Yeah but 3/8" ain't 10mm and neither is 1/2" 13mm. You get all crossed up with barbs and such. My friend has a "poly-piping" system and he's got more elbows and connectors than my central heating!

I stuck with 1/2" all the way... I like simple... not. Could have just stuck with air after all
    Yeah yeah.. I know 1/2" is actually 12.7mm..

Air is boring..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Yes I do.. and no I'm not.. The fact I do is pretty much why..
    Thought it might be that
    Hose clamps work wonders
    Yeah it did once I'd got some hand cream on them. Damn barbs were so close together you'd have thought I couldn't fit one on... now I have one on each.
    It's called dusting.. You know can of compressed air every now and then to clean out the inside of your case?
    Dusting??? It's water cooled!! Plus I have filters Anyhow that's not going to stop dust. It's mostly for concourse condition stuff as far as I can tell.
    A couple years back when this PC was a lowly Athlon XP in a normal ATX case I came home to the basement apartment I was in to find my apartment under 8" of water (The city storm drains had backed up into the basement). My PC was sitting there happily running away even tho it was upto the 2nd PCI slot in water. I lost a hard drive, but that was it.
    *mutters what sound like uncouth words under breath* Well aren't you the lucky one *mutters what sounds like something else derogatory*

(I presume your PSU was above the water line? Mine got a direct hit..)

Yes.. It's also light by blue LED's from underneath Thats another reason I like my G15.. It fits the black and blue colour theme I have going
    Oh you'll love the new one then. Time for an LED change... to orange!!
    Like the Wolf Claw? I'm not a southpaw tho, just used to using the arrow keys from way back in the early 90's. Tho I do use WASD for COD4.
    I liked the old one that Saitek did (game commander or something). I've not found a decent one since.

Why only WSAD for COD4?
    Hey, it's hard enough to put the castle first.. I don't need any peer pressure thanks
    Peer? Aww

Just think of trying to have a brilliant computer in a shabby case... now think of having a brilliant computer in a nice case but in a shabby house... See, logical

Least that's how I reason my decision....oh if only I could have spent it all on a PC... I'd be broke and homeless but I'd be happy.... and probably frustrated at the lack of facilities like power sockets!!
    Yeah yeah.. I know 1/2" is actually 12.7mm..
    I work in engineering. To them 0.3mm is a yard. It didn't occur that it's well within the scope of the tubes till after I'd posted
    Air is boring..
    Ah it depends how quickly it's going past you

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w%

Yeah it did once I'd got some hand cream on them. Damn barbs were so close together you'd have thought I couldn't fit one on... now I have one on each.

Dusting??? It's water cooled!! Plus I have filters Anyhow that's not going to stop dust. It's mostly for concourse condition stuff as far as I can tell.
    Hand cream?.. I so don't wanna know..

Water cooling does the main components, but not all of them.. Unless you switch over to oil immersion...

*mutters what sound like uncouth words under breath* Well aren't you the lucky one *mutters what sounds like something else derogatory*
    Jealous?

(I presume your PSU was above the water line? Mine got a direct hit..)
    Yes it was thankfully..

Oh you'll love the new one then. Time for an LED change... to orange!!
    Err.. NO!..

If anything I'd just rip the keyboard apart like I did my DVD burner and change the LED's in it to blue. I got a spare G15 that I spilt beer in that can be used as a donor for blue LED's...

[quote=Xander;207995] Why only WSAD for COD4?
    I dunno.. I think it was cuz COD4 was givin me issues with my normal key mapping that I gave upa nd learned to use WASD with it.
    Peer? Aww

Just think of trying to have a brilliant computer in a shabby case... now think of having a brilliant computer in a nice case but in a shabby house... See, logical

Least that's how I reason my decision....oh if only I could have spent it all on a PC... I'd be broke and homeless but I'd be happy.... and probably frustrated at the lack of facilities like power sockets!!
    It's like the saying that gets passed around in my Car Club.. "You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house"

Which is another source of income draining.. Messin with my car.. I even bought a laptop just to mess with it's computer

And yeah.. when it comes to messin with PC's like this, I'd consider you a peer.
    I work in engineering. To them 0.3mm is a yard. It didn't occur that it's well within the scope of the tubes till after I'd posted
    Yes I'm well aware of engineering tolerances with certain things.. if the stuff was threaded then I'd be more worried about 1/2" vs 13mm but it's not so just clamp it tighter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Fe/Fi 36.9/37.7
    Ne/Ni 34.9/25.8
    Se/Si 25.7/19.5
    Te/Ti 28.4/31.9

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Hand cream?.. I so don't wanna know..
    I was all out of KY okay.
    Water cooling does the main components, but not all of them.. Unless you switch over to oil immersion...
    Oh I did consider that. I'd love to do the fish tank routine and section it so I could have fish next to it

That'd confuse a few visitors... and probably the cat!
    Jealous?
    No...

DIE!!!

Yes it was thankfully..
    DIE!!!

Err.. NO!..
    A strangely appropriate response to a statement only just made... out of context and yet right back in....
    If anything I'd just rip the keyboard apart like I did my DVD burner and change the LED's in it to blue. I got a spare G15 that I spilt beer in that can be used as a donor for blue LED's...
    Didn't think of that. Mind you though I'd love to see you convert the LCD to blue

Personally I don't really mind. I have a Cyber Snipa mouse now and that glows all kinda of funny colours (I'm not sure I like it yet so the missus may end up with that one and I'll have my Logitech back).
    I dunno.. I think it was cuz COD4 was givin me issues with my normal key mapping that I gave up and learned to use WASD with it.
    Oh I hate those kind of holes. I'm having the problem at the moment where I can be chatting using a headset but load up battlefield2142 and the mic shuts off. It's still registered as on but there's no sound and the in game VOIP won't work either.... Most frustrating.
    It's like the saying that gets passed around in my Car Club.. "You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house"

Which is another source of income draining.. Messin with my car.. I even bought a laptop just to mess with it's computer
    Okay two questions, firstly what's your name at Xtreme systems and secondly are you single?

And yeah.. when it comes to messin with PC's like this, I'd consider you a peer.
    Oh I don't know about that. Me thinks you're being kind on the similar ability score. I still can't overclock worth a damn.
    Yes I'm well aware of engineering tolerances with certain things.. if the stuff was threaded then I'd be more worried about 1/2" vs 13mm but it's not so just clamp it tighter
    Brute force and ignorance is an oft overlooked and underestimate problem solving approach