• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Car Thread

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I named my car the CARDIS. :D

Okay, I know very little about cars so I'm just going to sneak out of here before I make a fool of myself ...

Ooh, and I have a Doctor Who license plate and a cool bumper sticker that says "I went to Devil's Tower but all I got was abducted" so that way all of the other drivers know I'm a nerd mwuhahahahaha.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I named my car the CARDIS. :D

Okay, I know very little about cars so I'm just going to sneak out of here before I make a fool of myself ...

Ooh, and I have a Doctor Who license plate and a cool bumper sticker that says "I went to Devil's Tower but all I got was abducted" so that way all of the other drivers know I'm a nerd mwuhahahahaha.
I had one of these stickers on my old car:

Republicans-For-Voldemort-debate-678442_500_156.jpg

It went with the car when I sold it a couple years ago. Someone in my karate class didn't know anything about the Harry Potter stories, and asked me what local race this Voldemort was running in.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My other socionics type is BMW.

My dad has a 528i with the M Sport package and the thing corners tightly while still being comfortable. In a way, the car enables its drivers to be assholes on the road because it is so capable, instilling driver confidence and control; my father has raced people on the freeway at over 100mph with 2 kids (not including myself) and a wife, taking a somewhat tight bend at 60mph and once he weaved through heavy traffic at 90-95mph because this annoying little Proton Saga tried to race us.

Fun story: we were minding our own business when this annoying Proton Saga rudely overtook and stopped right in front of us at the intersection going towards the highway. He pulled off and my dad wasn't happy about that so he floored the 528i's throttle and we easily overtook him. He then stayed on our ass and flashed his lights, and my father "conceded", letting the Saga go in front of us. In front of us was a Mercedes-Benz C-Class, and he did the same thing to the Merc, but the Merc wasn't happy about that so he wouldn't give way to the Saga. The Merc and our BMW basically sandwiched him front and back, and he wasn't happy about that, so he went over to the slower lane to overtake the Merc. But the Merc, in the most glorious show of German engineering, sped up, so that when the Saga was back in our lane, the Saga couldn't go in front of the Merc. We sandwiched him for the better of 20 minutes.

Here is the handsome beast in question:

W4OzWhw.jpg

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
My brothers car is a pontiac vibe but weve always called it 'the vibrator' as long as I can remember. He just loves that car too.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

God, now cars with grills look 100 years old. Cool looking car by the way.
At first I was like 'what!?' followed by acceptance, and when I accepted it, suddenly all cars with grills on them became dated. / weird.
I feel like my nice neat little convertible may as well take coal now, because that's how I feel about all cars now after having seen this.
must be alright living in CA I guess, but the same could be said about London, so, c'lest vie.

ducks

Permabanned
I'm partial to my Honda. I rebuilt a D16 to handle high boost and redid the suspension for proper handling. But I just love the car because I pretty much made it. Forced induction for the win, unless it's high hp electric, then I'm jealous.

ducks

Permabanned
I really like the look of the Teslas for an electric car. But 40 grand and up for a car is...ouch.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

The Challenger is one of those cars in which I understand the appeal on an intuitive level, yet it just doesn't resonate with me at all. That said, it's one of the last true muscle cars (the mustang/camaro are slowly creeping into the realm of actual sports cars).

8b9dce32b65d628e19f421bc50712bf8.jpg

:drool:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The Challenger is one of those cars in which I understand the appeal on an intuitive level, yet it just doesn't resonate with me at all. That said, it's one of the last true muscle cars (the mustang/camaro are slowly creeping into the realm of actual sports cars).

8b9dce32b65d628e19f421bc50712bf8.jpg

:drool:

One reason I love the Challenger is because it more or less has the same classic shape and lines. It is a timeless design that doesn’t need too much updating, sort of like the starship Enterprise or Colt 1911 handguns.

It’s distinctive in an age when it’s become difficult to distinguish different car models by appearance

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dunno about modern muscle cars, they always scream "I'm compensating!" to me. I saw this guy while walking around LA, I want it.

vintage_land_cruiser.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You know what I just realized? The word "car" is just a shortened form of carriage.

Edit: Well, ok, Google tells me not exactly, but it's a cognate with carriage. The point stands.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I am more fascinated by "Concept cars" than I am with sport cars. So let me share some with you.

The Toyota FT-4X (Aka, the new FJ cruiser)

Toyota-FT-4X-Concept-front-three-quarter-1.jpg

The Toyota "Self driving car" concept.

maxresdefault.jpg

As you can tell, I love Toyotas. :p

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp