• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Car Thread

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Erm, sorry about going all SJW on this thread, but I could not help it.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
1967-ford-mustang-shelby-gt-500-photo-456368-s-986x603.jpg

Dream car!

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I refuse to let this thread fall!!

Something easy on the eyes to ease into things

Hot LFA.jpg

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm learning to drive in a car I bought myself and insured with my first student loan payment.
It is expensive to insure a provisional license in London parking on the street...
Car: £1, 000.00
Insurance: £1, 600 P/A
Tax: £265.00 P/A
Clean MOT set me back addressing all failures and advisories £850.00
I found it online across England and had it shipped to my grandmother's house in Thornton Heath, England from Weston-super-Mare, England with UShip.com for £140.00
My 2001 (51 Reg) Volkswagen Golf Mk3.5 Cabriolet/Cabrio/Erdbeerkörbchen 2.0 petrol/gas 5 speed manual.
(My first car)..
sharepic2%20car_zpsn8wkxkzb.jpg

sharepic1%20car_zpsnhurnlsu.jpg

12805819_10208985147136495_7465476125042436174_n_zpswh9epuoz.jpg

IMG_11281_zpsttnkvxoa.jpg

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Gold-plated-car.jpg

I saw it on my way home from work one day too, recognised it from the above photo from The Mirror (British tabloid).
12920447_10209347489314823_9191256061013826068_n.jpg

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm learning to drive in a car I bought myself and insured with my first student loan payment.
It is expensive to insure a provisional license in London parking on the street...
Car: £1, 000.00
Insurance: £1, 600 P/A
Tax: £265.00 P/A
Clean MOT set me back addressing all failures and advisories £850.00
I found it online across England and had it shipped to my grandmother's house in Thornton Heath, England from Weston-super-Mare, England with UShip.com for £140.00
My 2001 (51 Reg) Volkswagen Golf Mk3.5 Cabriolet/Cabrio/Erdbeerkörbchen 2.0 petrol/gas 5 speed manual.
(My first car)..
sharepic2%20car_zpsn8wkxkzb.jpg

sharepic1%20car_zpsnhurnlsu.jpg

12805819_10208985147136495_7465476125042436174_n_zpswh9epuoz.jpg

IMG_11281_zpsttnkvxoa.jpg

I wanted to learn stick, so my friend took me out in her golf cabriolet. I think it was the model before this one, but dang, that thing was so much fun! I just got a new car and would've gotten a manual, but I live in LA and... Ya haha. Traffic and manuals do not mix lol.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wanted to learn stick, so my friend took me out in her golf cabriolet. I think it was the model before this one, but dang, that thing was so much fun! I just got a new car and would've gotten a manual, but I live in LA and... Ya haha. Traffic and manuals do not mix lol.

Yeah, I live in London and traffic can be a nightmare, but London is in the UK and in the UK, in order to gain a full UK driver's license, I must learn stick. It's not like Pennsylvania in the US where you pass in an automatic and then can teach yourself stick; in the UK, you pass in an automatic; you get an automatic license. If I pass driving stick, I get a full UK license and can legally drive stick and automatic.
I remember driving stick in Pennsylvania and I was 17 and most people out there were used to automatics, and I drove an automatic on my first time out when I was 14.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The power roof works.
I'm so glad about that.
Everything works, power roof, AC, everything, I like that.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I live in London and traffic can be a nightmare, but London is in the UK and in the UK, in order to gain a full UK driver's license, I must learn stick. It's not like Pennsylvania in the US where you pass in an automatic and then can teach yourself stick; in the UK, you pass in an automatic; you get an automatic license. If I pass driving stick, I get a full UK license and can legally drive stick and automatic.
I remember driving stick in Pennsylvania and I was 17 and most people out there were used to automatics, and I drove an automatic on my first time out when I was 14.

So do you still say stick or are you getting used to saying manual now?

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So do you still say stick or are you getting used to saying manual now?

I was explaining Britain in American.
If I explained Britain in British, I would have said manual and I don't think there's much point in explaining Britain in British because people who speak British are more likely to know about Britain- at any rate, I say manual as I live in London and am from here.
If I immigrated to the US, I could see myself saying stick.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I was explaining Britain in American.
If I explained Britain in British, I would have said manual and I don't think there's much point in explaining Britain in British because people who speak British are more likely to know about Britain- at any rate, I say manual as I live in London and am from here.
If I immigrated to the US, I could see myself saying stick.

My bad, I thought you were from the US when you mentioned Pennsylvania.

We have the same rules in my country, but then again we were a former British colony.

New Zealand on the other hand has give way rules on the road. I wonder if that is something that is applied in the UK as well.