• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Car Thread

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
:p

Edit: Just for the lulz of it

Seriously, who thought a three wheeled car was ever a good idea? :huh:

W

WALMART

[MENTION=16071]sprinkles[/MENTION]

without it i never would have watched that episode.

218214_192505440792260_1545204_o.jpg

amidoinitrite?

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
I like Chevrolet. My dad's first car and the only vehicle he bought brand new was a 1966 Chevelle with a 396 cu. It was nothing special , just the stock 396 cu. motor and burgundy red with a 3 speed column shifter.

I'm a GM fan when it comes to American made. One of my favorite cars is the 1967 Camaro because it was the first year Camaro hit the market.

I'm really into vintage cars more than anything. This would be my type of 67' Camaro, and my favorite car color...black >

1967chevroletcamaro_rs_m.jpg

Werewolfen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
This would be some trip to fly this car from east coast to west coast only touching down to fill up at gas stations and eat then again at night to sleep.

The Parajet Skycar has a 1000cc Yahama YZF-R1 motorcycle engine. Has a top road speed of 140 mph and top air speed of 100 mph with air cruising speed of 82 mph. 400 mile distance in car mode and 200 mile distance in air mode.

It probably wouldn't be that hard to modify for the water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c09XFcTbbFA

From their website, it looks like they've changed the design of the body for more modern style. >

http://www.parajetautomotive.com/

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Henri Toivonen's Opel Manta 400
245 of these were built. They have a 2.4 liter inline 4 with 16 valve DOHC. 5 speed manual, rear wheel drive.
10eo2ew.jpg

This is Henri Toivonen's Porsche 911 SC RS
Rear engine 3 liter flat 6, 5 speed manual, rear wheel drive.
339kqo7.jpg

Henri Toivonen's Lancia Delta S4. This is unfortunately the car that Henri and his co-pilot Sergio Cresto tragically died in. It had a 1.8 liter inline 4 that was supercharged and turbocharged. It produced over 560 horsepower. It could go from 0 to 60 in 2.3 seconds - on dirt.
mbn97t.jpg

Henri and his copilot Sergio Cresto tragically went off the road and crashed, and the car literally exploded in a giant fireball. It vaporized nearly everything except the cars frame. This is what was left when they recovered it. They died horribly but hopefully it was also quick.
2z74n15.jpg

93JC

And so ended "Group B" racing. Cars like the Porsche 959 and Ford RS200 were immediately rendered obsolete.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
And so ended "Group B" racing. Cars like the Porsche 959 and Ford RS200 were immediately rendered obsolete.

Yeah, it's kind of sad really.

The other cars we have can be pretty awesome, but Group B was for really driving.

They weren't quarter mile cars. They weren't even the fastest. Some only had a top speed of about 140 mph but that's more than enough for dodging around a mountain.

Cars that do 200+ mph on perfectly groomed tarmac where they push the limits such that a 5 degree change of track temperature changes how they drive is pretty impressive. Group B didn't even need a track though. They didn't even need a road - just a path!

They'd go where any other car would bottom out or be destroyed.
Rain? We have windshield wipers!
Snow? LOL
There's a mud hole? Drive through it!
Huge water hole? Huge splash!
It's night time? We have headlights. Actually we have TEN headlights!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I once got pulled over by a Mass. State Trooper driving my '97 Viper GTS and the officer asked to see 'how fast' the car would get to 60. I pre-accused him of issuing me a ticket. Then he insisted so I showed him. After, he turned off his light bar and drove on.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I once got pulled over by a Mass. State Trooper driving my '97 Viper GTS and the officer asked to see 'how fast' the car would get to 60. I pre-accused him of issuing me a ticket. Then he insisted so I showed him. After, he turned off his light bar and drove on.

Haha that's funny. :D

Here's some Lancia Delta S4's in action. Personally, I think they are just fine, just needed a little better track safety is all.