• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is electricity?

93JC

science_shit.jpeg

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
My new netbook consumes 0,3 A when I have plugged it to an external monitor. That makes it last for 15 hours and it doesnt get a bit warm !!

That is an efficient use of electricity, cuddos to Acer :)

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...any particle(size isnt an obstacle) is able to be in wave form, as long as its not interacting with anything else(items that are mass of particles, like plastic or gold for example are interacting with each other all the time, thats why you can make your rolex be in wave form).

I think it's intriguing that some particles (radio frequency particles) don't interact much with some plastics. They are called 'RF transparent' materials.

Nostradumas

MBTI Type
SEER
I dunno, I've noticed that one electron is like any other electron, just as in the dark, all cats are grey. And not only is one electron like any other electron, they are identical, they are so identical, they are interchangeable. This is an impenetrable mystery until we realise that all electrons appear to be the same because they are the same one electron.

Yes, in the entire universe there is only one electron. And it is an extraordinary beast as it transcends time and space and is everywhere, in all time, at once.

So just as we have Monotheism, we now have Monoelectronism.

It seems Pauli the octopus disagrees with you.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i started to write long response few days ago, but got bored with it and cba to continue with it, so ill just make it simple.

matter is basically just small scale movement of energy, which is separate from larger scale, somewhat similar to our solar system to galaxy, what happens in the larger scale of galaxy, doesent really affect the earth, but affects the solar system as a whole. right?

matter and antimatter are essentially the same movement of same thing, except that they spin in opposite directions. right?

when you combine these two movements that run in opposite directions, they turn into an unstable photon, which disintegrates again into matter + antimatter(of same or different type). right?

so back to my theory. photons are also moving all the time, except that they arent in these "loops" that make up mass, but move straight forward in space.

if you think this straight forward movement(photon) as being 0, and(ill use electron/positron as an example) this "loop" type of movement of electron as 1, now positron would have the same sort of movement as electron, except running in opposite direction, so it would be -1. -1 + 1 = 0.
now if you take another type of matter and antimatter and give their "loop" type of movement values of 2 and -2. -2 + 2 = 0.

so wouldnt it be accurate to say that -1 + 1 = 0 = -2 + 2?

am i missing something? if not, i can explain how i see these "loops" manifesting in quantum physics, or more like how the possibilities happening in quantum field are manifesting themselves into concrete reality in the form of similar type of loops.
String theory appears to be what would unify wave vs particle (as it aims to do).
If everything consists of vibrating loops of string, and what differentiates matter from energy (and all the different forms of matter and energy from each other) is simply a different vibrational pattern, then it figures how a photon could have zero mass and be interchangeable with matter. All "mass" is, is a particular vibrational pattern, that creates a field that gives it the "tangible" and "heavy" properties we associate with "matter".