Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Default Calling Computer Super Genuises and those Who do Tiny Chat

Hai gaiz, I haz some ideaz.

Okay, seriously.

Idea 1

Get some super nerdy INTx's to build Typology Central our own chat site, without bloody ads. We could even do donations. It also shouldn't be completely open to anyone on Type C, so that we can avoid having awkward stuff happen. No Chat Roulette.

Idea 2

Whenever we actually do Tiny, might it be a wiser idea to use multiple rooms and just do split screen? Then we don't have to be the Brady Bunch everytime. That is the minor idea.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

1) Most of the ads aren't that bad and it would probably require significantly more funding than you think it would to have someone design a video chatting website exclusively for the use of TypologyCentral. Tinychat works pretty well as-is in that respect, especially considering it's totally free.

As for limiting access to certain TypologyCentral members it seems most people don't really care for any controls or moderation whatsoever. In the past the tinychat room that most of us used required a password, for example. legerdemain moderated it a little, booting out people who weren't clearly from TypologyCentral. In the end another room was created with no password and no controls at all, presumably because people got sick of the password and tiny little bit of moderation.

2) There's really nothing stopping you or anyone else from making their own tinychat room and only inviting a handful of people to participate.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    1) Most of the ads aren't that bad and it would probably require significantly more funding than you think it would to have someone design a video chatting website exclusively for the use of TypologyCentral. Tinychat works pretty well as-is in that respect, especially considering it's totally free.
    Well, it is a pain, and makes computers lag, and kicks people out randomly. And refuses to find microphones at times.

As for limiting access to certain TypologyCentral members it seems most people don't really care for any controls or moderation whatsoever. In the past the tinychat room that most of us used required a password, for example. legerdemain moderated it a little, booting out people who weren't clearly from TypologyCentral. In the end another room was created with no password and no controls at all, presumably because people got sick of the password and tiny little bit of moderation.
    Just another idea.

2) There's really nothing stopping you or anyone else from making their own tinychat room and only inviting a handful of people to participate.
    It was just an idea for when we all want to talk at once. I'm not complaining.

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

In my experience it's the video feeds that make computers lag, not the ads. The only ads I've ever had a problem with are the ones with audio, randomly congratulating me for having won something. And I didn't know anyone used the tinychat audio at all.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Adblock Plus for Chrome or Firefox solves the ad problem.

Make sure Flash is updated for smooth computing.

Also depends how old/good your computer is. And if you're using Internet Explorer, you're an idiot.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Getting a non ad chat site up is as easy as tossing up a canned PHP app onto the server. Not that I'm volunteering. I wouldn't do that.

this site does need a chat

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Sheesh, I thought NTs liked a challenge. However, I'll take the tips with me. I'm not the only one who has experienced lag from Tiny. And yes, I am using Chrome.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

We could consider using a different platform if tiny is causing problems and the DIY approach is out. What about Google plus? I havent tried it, but it might be something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by LucidLegend1984 View Post
    this site does need a chat
    Most people use vent to that end.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    We could consider using a different platform if tiny is causing problems and the DIY approach is out. What about Google plus? I havent tried it, but it might be something to consider.
    I'll look into Google Plus. I had thought of it earlier but forgot about it. Good idea.

I like it. I made my name First: Antimony Last: Type C.