User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    they come with pre-assigned phone numbers which you can find by looking at your phone bill... you can't call them though... they are data-only enabled (unless you root it and install google voice, in which case you can use it as a cell phone through the internet connection... )

You're really good with this stuff!
    -----------------

A man builds. A parasite asks 'Where is my share?'
    A man creates. A parasite says, 'What will the neighbors think?'
    A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

You're really good with this stuff!
    nah... just paid to figure it out in a way
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I should have mentioned - a lot of the reading I will be doing will be on internet pages. Seems ereaders aren't very good for that. Also, during my breaks, I like to listen to music or watch youtube videos. Ereaders aren't very good in this aspect.
    So far, it seems the Xoom would be the best one for me. Big screen, powerful, has 3G technology, and is cheaper than Ipad! I will do more research though.

edit: It looks really good to read using this:

An ereader may be more comfortable, but I'm so used to spending lots of time in front of lcd/led screens that I doubt it will matter much.
    -----------------

A man invents. A parasite says, 'Watch out, or you might tread on the toes of God... '

-----------------

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

I think the kindle fire is pretty snazzy.

NPcomplete

I should have mentioned - a lot of the reading I will be doing will be on internet pages. Seems ereaders aren't very good for that. Also, during my breaks, I like to listen to music or watch youtube videos. Ereaders aren't very good in this aspect.
    So far, it seems the Xoom would be the best one for me. Big screen, powerful, has 3G technology, and is cheaper than Ipad! I will do more research though.

Oh in that case, yeah a tablet's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post

also, i would be interested in hearing more opinions on which ereader people like best. i am torn between the nook and the kindle.
    I've only ever played with a Nook for 5 min so I can't compare but I really like my Kindle.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

edit: It looks really good to read using this:

An ereader may be more comfortable, but I'm so used to spending lots of time in front of lcd/led screens that I doubt it will matter much.
    I have a Xoom and I like it, but I'm also an Android/Google guy so the Xoom made sense at the time. I love it for reading, and always set it to Night Mode which inverts the colours so it's extremely easy on the eyes. It's older tech though at this point and you may want to get something a little newer like the Asus Transformer and there's even rumours that Google is releasing their own Nexus Tablet at about 199-250 USD to compete with the Kindle Fire in a couple of months.

If you go Android, I'd warn that the tablet App environment is extremely paltry in comparison to the iPad's app catalogue, even though the best stuff filters down to Android eventually.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I have a Xoom and I like it, but I'm also an Android/Google guy so the Xoom made sense at the time. I love it for reading, and always set it to Night Mode which inverts the colours so it's extremely easy on the eyes. It's older tech though at this point and you may want to get something a little newer like the Asus Transformer and there's even rumours that Google is releasing their own Nexus Tablet at about 199-250 USD to compete with the Kindle Fire in a couple of months.

If you go Android, I'd warn that the tablet App environment is extremely paltry in comparison to the iPad's app catalogue, even though the best stuff filters down to Android eventually.
    Definitely something to consider, things are generally directed towards apple products, and then androids, in regards to mobile technology.

Asus has a mini sd slot AND micro HDMI support; and if you end up deciding to get the external dock-keyboard it also has a 2.0 usb and an extra 6 hr battery life that transfers over to the tablet itself if you're low on power. However, it only connects to wifi, no sim slot, if that is something you're looking for. ( I have not tried USB-internet on the prime)

Depending on which Ipad you're considering on getting, the specifications might differ a bit. The Ipad 3, is probably the best thing out right now from the articles I've read, followed by the Asus. Asus is lighter than the Ipad 2, and the 3 is larger, so I assume it is also heavier. Asus is the first tablet with an tegra3 quadcore cpu, while the ipad3 is dual core, wifi+4g.

You can watch AVI (common file type) on the Asus; you'd have to convert on most tablets out there.

You should really use some "comparison" options on electronics-online stores. Here are some specs for the asus, and the ipad 2/3.

If you're looking for something to read, I suggest the Kindle fire. Much cheaper than the lot of those, great for reading, and I believe it now has wifi.

APPLE IPADS
    TRANSFORMER PRIME TF201

Personally, I prefer android because it is a lot less constricting.

I used to experiment more with computers and owned more platforms, but I'm actually looking forward to Windows 8 as far as tablets go. It looks cool so far. If you're not in a rush, I'd wait until the market has all the players in it (and pretty much everyone has their hand in it so far except MS).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Just ordered the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500.
    Determinant factors:
    -Good price
    -Android 3.1
    -10.1'' gorilla glass screen
    -3G/4G
    -I can use it as a phone! I really needed to discard my htc kaiser.:horor: Since I only make/receive like 3 calls a week, size won't bother me much.
    -----------------

-----------------

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by tinker683 View Post
    I have an iPad 2 but refuse to upgrade as I think the boo-coo "retina display" is insufficient to justify the expense.
    I agree the retina display of the 3 isn't worth replacing the 2. I'm writing this on one at a hotel and it's really nice to not have to carry much around.

I have an iPad because I have an iPhone and use iCloud services for my business so haveing an iPad while wandering around is useful...
    I like iCloud too..for syncing music from iPhone to iPad

For reading mainly? I would get something smaller.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'