• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are You Aware of the New Google Privacy Policy? Surprise! (It's Not Good.)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoa wtf. I didn't know about this. Will be passing it along. Thanks.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is a lot worse than 'not good'. I have already started using bing but I imagine if it is not as bad it will be heading in that direction. Wait till the internet censorship bills get passed by our power-hungry governments. Things are about to get interesting.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Yuuuup. Never thought anything would ever get me away from Google and Android but this might be it.

Hello Opera and, gulp, iOS? Ugh.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If it weren't for school and the few sites I frequent (typec) i would have trashed my computer years ago.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So they can only track you if you are signed in to Google, right? If you simply don't sign in when you use Google, YouTube, etc, they can't track you? I have a gmail account for work, but I don't have any kind of Google account other than that, and there doesn't seem to be a way that I can delete my history, so I'm guessing this is the case.

LucidLegend1984

MBTI Type
INTJ
Damn Google!

Probably using Chinease Data Miners, I heard they were cheaper than their Amercian counteparts.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They can and do track all traffic via IP address and any other identifiers available. When the bill passes that will require internet providers to keep logs of all user activity for at least 3 years they will already have it on hand. The Govt. has cast a wide net and we are all swimming in it.
They claim the information is used to improve google services, better choose advertisement and offers for users. It is about data mining and profile building. Enjoy the matrix while it lasts.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
They can and do track all traffic via IP address and any other identifiers available. When the bill passes that will require internet providers to keep logs of all user activity for at least 3 years they will already have it on hand. The Govt. has cast a wide net and we are all swimming in it.
They claim the information is used to improve google services, better choose advertisement and offers for users. It is about data mining and profile building. Enjoy the matrix while it lasts.

At what point will people reject this stuff? Is it already far too late? Kids are growing up so connected, needing online accounts even just for school, will it even be conceivable for them to be "off the grid"?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I like how the first link is down to maintenance, haha. Probably until 1st March.

When i read stuff like this, it just makes me want to google socially unacceptable shit. Now build a profile on that.

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
I like how the first link is down to maintenance, haha. Probably until 1st March.

When i read stuff like this, it just makes me want to google socially unacceptable shit. Now build a profile on that.

LAME! It was up when I posted it, less than an hour ago.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
LAME! It was up when I posted it, less than an hour ago.

Maybe they are keeping tabs on the traffic coming to their site so they can advertise more when it's up and running, post March 1st of course. Lol

Mia.

At what point will people reject this stuff? Is it already far too late? Kids are growing up so connected, needing online accounts even just for school, will it even be conceivable for them to be "off the grid"?

"He required everyone--small and great, rich and poor, free and slave--to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name." Revelation 13:16-17

NotOfTwo

small potatoes
MBTI Type
INTP
"He required everyone--small and great, rich and poor, free and slave--to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name." Revelation 13:16-17

Indeed, this actually came up in the conversation were I heard about this initially.
Sigh.

Beorn

Permabanned

Every century since the writing of revelations people have thought they encountered the mark of the beast in their contemporary times or knew what it literally meant.
Whether or not this is a fulfillment of prophesy doesn't change the fact that it's bad. However, pumping up of the prophesy can cause panic, worry and unwise decisions like not saving for the future.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not as scary as people make it to be. If you did not even turn on web history in the first place, you wouldn't need to worry.

Mia.

Every century since the writing of revelations people have thought they encountered the mark of the beast in their contemporary times or knew what it literally meant.

Huh? I'm not saying I know what it literally will be, I was referring to the question about whether people will be off-the-grid any more in the future. According to the Bible, no.

Whether or not this is a fulfillment of prophesy doesn't change the fact that it's bad. However, pumping up of the prophesy can cause panic, worry and unwise decisions like not saving for the future.

So don't read it or look at it is what you're saying? That's pumping it up? I don't recall advising anyone to sell all their crap and pull their retirement savings and buy a cabin in the woods. That's a rather large leap you took there.

Beorn

Permabanned

Huh? I'm not saying I know what it literally will be, I was referring to the question about whether people will be off-the-grid any more in the future. According to the Bible, no.

So don't read it or look at it is what you're saying? That's pumping it up? I don't recall advising anyone to sell all their crap and pull their retirement savings and buy a cabin in the woods. That's a rather large leap you took there.

Who's taking the large leap? Did I accuse you of those things or explicitly draw any of those conclusions? :)

I just gave my standard concerns whenever revelations prophesy is brought up. Given the massive popularity of Tim Lahaye and the consistent patterns of church behavior over many generations I don't think bringing up those concerns is a mistake. I'm sorry if you felt I was accusing you of anything.

Mia.

Who's taking the large leap? Did I accuse you of those things or explicitly draw any of those conclusions? :)

I just gave my standard concerns whenever revelations prophesy is brought up. Given the massive popularity of Tim Lahaye and the consistent patterns of church behavior over many generations I don't think bringing up those concerns is a mistake. I'm sorry if you felt I was accusing you of anything.

It's all good man. :newwink:

I do think the book explicitly spells out a time period in the future where people will not be able to live off of the grid. That much is clear. That type of absolute control wasn't conceivable when the book was written. Given we are speeding ahead toward the ability/technology/globalization to have that type of environment, it bears watching. Not to mention a raised eyebrow. :coffee: