User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Saslou View Post
    I like how the first link is down to maintenance, haha. Probably until 1st March.

When i read stuff like this, it just makes me want to google socially unacceptable shit. Now build a profile on that.
    LAME! It was up when I posted it, less than an hour ago.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    LAME! It was up when I posted it, less than an hour ago.
    Maybe they are keeping tabs on the traffic coming to their site so they can advertise more when it's up and running, post March 1st of course. Lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by NotOfTwo View Post
    At what point will people reject this stuff? Is it already far too late? Kids are growing up so connected, needing online accounts even just for school, will it even be conceivable for them to be "off the grid"?
    "He required everyone--small and great, rich and poor, free and slave--to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name." Revelation 13:16-17

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mia_infp View Post
    "He required everyone--small and great, rich and poor, free and slave--to be given a mark on the right hand or on the forehead. And no one could buy or sell anything without that mark, which was either the name of the beast or the number representing his name." Revelation 13:16-17
    Indeed, this actually came up in the conversation were I heard about this initially.
    Sigh.
    "It's never enough." The Cure

Every century since the writing of revelations people have thought they encountered the mark of the beast in their contemporary times or knew what it literally meant.
    Whether or not this is a fulfillment of prophesy doesn't change the fact that it's bad. However, pumping up of the prophesy can cause panic, worry and unwise decisions like not saving for the future.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Not as scary as people make it to be. If you did not even turn on web history in the first place, you wouldn't need to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Every century since the writing of revelations people have thought they encountered the mark of the beast in their contemporary times or knew what it literally meant.

Huh? I'm not saying I know what it literally will be, I was referring to the question about whether people will be off-the-grid any more in the future. According to the Bible, no.

Whether or not this is a fulfillment of prophesy doesn't change the fact that it's bad. However, pumping up of the prophesy can cause panic, worry and unwise decisions like not saving for the future.
    So don't read it or look at it is what you're saying? That's pumping it up? I don't recall advising anyone to sell all their crap and pull their retirement savings and buy a cabin in the woods. That's a rather large leap you took there.

Huh? I'm not saying I know what it literally will be, I was referring to the question about whether people will be off-the-grid any more in the future. According to the Bible, no.

So don't read it or look at it is what you're saying? That's pumping it up? I don't recall advising anyone to sell all their crap and pull their retirement savings and buy a cabin in the woods. That's a rather large leap you took there.
    Who's taking the large leap? Did I accuse you of those things or explicitly draw any of those conclusions?

I just gave my standard concerns whenever revelations prophesy is brought up. Given the massive popularity of Tim Lahaye and the consistent patterns of church behavior over many generations I don't think bringing up those concerns is a mistake. I'm sorry if you felt I was accusing you of anything.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

Who's taking the large leap? Did I accuse you of those things or explicitly draw any of those conclusions?

I just gave my standard concerns whenever revelations prophesy is brought up. Given the massive popularity of Tim Lahaye and the consistent patterns of church behavior over many generations I don't think bringing up those concerns is a mistake. I'm sorry if you felt I was accusing you of anything.
    It's all good man.

I do think the book explicitly spells out a time period in the future where people will not be able to live off of the grid. That much is clear. That type of absolute control wasn't conceivable when the book was written. Given we are speeding ahead toward the ability/technology/globalization to have that type of environment, it bears watching. Not to mention a raised eyebrow.