• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

CompuTer quesTion!!!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
keys on my keyboard are noT working properly- any Help? (missing leTTers)

THey work in upperCase, jusT noT lowerCase?!?

ygolo

My termites win
Is your caps lock key stuck?

You could try flipping your keyboard over, unscrewing the front panel of and putting it back together after popping out the stuck keys.

Often just flipping it over and giving it a good shake works pretty well.

Wait a tick: only C(?), T and H cannot be typed in lower case?

What about G,Y, F, V?

What keys are affected?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I took all of the keys off and shook it- it still didn't work so I did a system restore thing to yesterday and now it works fine! :thinking: Computers are weird!

ygolo

My termites win
I took all of the keys off and shook it- it still didn't work so I did a system restore thing to yesterday and now it works fine! :thinking: Computers are weird!

Yeah. Something in the software it seemed like.

Did you download anything suspicious?

Wait: Yesterday?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I restored it to yesterday and then it worked right again! I don't think I downloaded anything suspicious since I don't remember downloading anything.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
DeAr WHatEvEr,

iF yOu wANt tO sEe YoUr pReCIoUS KeYBoARd aGaiN, bRiNg $20,000 iN uNmArKEd bILLs tO tHe gRaVeYaRD bY 4 pm. NO fuNNy STuFF.

ygolo

My termites win
I restored it to yesterday and then it worked right again! I don't think I downloaded anything suspicious since I don't remember downloading anything.

Do you want us to diagnose a computer problem that happened in the past?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: no- I asked when it wasn't working- then I took it apart and restored it and it worked again, but I couldn't delete the thread :blush:

It's the keyboard on my laptop.

:cry: But I need my computer to write a paper that's due Monday! (to the evil kitten)