• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My iPhone battery meter is screwed

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Lately it's been shutting off and telling me I need to hook it up to a power supply before it's even alerting me that it's low on battery. It's getting worse with each charge cycle though. First it would die around the 20% mark after the meter in the corner showed red (low battery), then I would charge it completely and it would die when it's still green but close to low. This has been happening for several days. Last night after I fully charged it, I noticed that the meter wasn't going down at all for an hour or so of use. I changed the setting to show me how much of the battery was left in percentage and it said 100%. Eventually it started going down, and today it died at 40% battery. So I think the battery is lasting fine, it's just the gauge/meter is out of sync. Restarting my phone didn't prove successful to fix this. Google/apple.com isn't really helping.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm gonna back up my phone and then factory reset it. Dammit. This is a fairly new iPhone 4.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I called AT&T today and they said my phone was still under warranty (as it should be) so that I shouldn't have a problem if the factory reset doesn't solve the problem, to which they gave me the number for Apple Care. I did a back up and then a factory reset earlier today, so now I'm just using my phone as per usual and will see where the battery life meter is at when it decides to die. I have a feeling the factory reset didn't do the trick, because after that I charged it up fully, and again, it stayed at 100% for much longer than it should/has in the past.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Get a new battery. Oh wait, its an apple product..

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So I factory reset it, and it seems to have fixed the problem.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
If one could just factory reset the World's poverty problem