• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Looking Into the Infinite

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The meaning of life is becoming God, the living Force, channeling the timelessly flowing electric cycles of the eternally whirling luminous waters of Qi, Prana, Akasha, forging and annihilating material substance, harnessing the inexhaustible energies of stellar alchemy, harmoniously orchestrating superstring symphonies, humbly awakening to all perspectives of the multidimensional relativistic reality, magically manifesting dreams into the physical world by focused willpower into the infinite shapes of evolutionary transformation, hacking the codifications of the Akashic Records, the Luminiferous Aether, the Universal Supercomputer, the Mind of God, destroying old laws and programming new laws into the Omniversal Existential Game, controlling all cosmos and chaos, seeking the Higher Balance of Heaven, unlocking the Arcanum of Creation, unleashing the Ascended Master of Free Will, Divine Architect of Ultimate Destiny.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
or just build an infinity mirror:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZkdQeevJu0"].[/YOUTUBE]

Mole

Permabanned
The universe is accelerating away from us. And parts of the universe are already moving away from us faster than the speed of light - so we will never see them again, ever.

And quite soon, in galactic time, the whole universe will be moving away from us faster than the speed of light - and we will not even know the rest of the universe exists.

So we are surrounded by an ever decreasing event horizon, and as the event horizen narrows our vision, the possibility of infinity will disappear.

Permabanned
The universe is accelerating away from us. And parts of the universe are already moving away from us faster than the speed of light - so we will never see them again, ever.

And quite soon, in galactic time, the whole universe will be moving away from us faster than the speed of light - and we will not even know the rest of the universe exists.

So we are surrounded by an ever decreasing event horizon, and as the event horizen narrows our vision, the possibility of infinity will disappear.

Link?

Mole

Permabanned

According to the General Theory of Relativity, neither matter nor energy can move faster than the speed of light.

However an Australian has recently been given the Noble Prize for Physics for discovering that the fabric of space and time is accelerating and so carrying matter and energy away from us at an accelerating rate.

We also know that the General Theory of Relativity does not limit the speed or acceleration of space and time.

So a simple calculation will show that parts of the universe are already accelerating away from us at faster than the speed of light, and so we will never see them again - they have passed our event horizon for ever.

Mole

Permabanned
it would seem C to be a relative speed.

C remains absolute for matter and energy, but space and time are neither matter nor energy. So it is space and time that is accelerating, not matter and energy.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"I don't see the science show clip I'm thinking of..."

I think you're referring to the movie called "The powers of ten", which was produced (I think) during the 1960s.
I found the clip I was referring to:
[YOUTUBE="MXNa1jpTE4c"]Journey to the edge of the universe[/YOUTUBE]

godscollie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
intp
The meaning of life is becoming God, the living Force, channeling the timelessly flowing electric cycles of the eternally whirling luminous waters of Qi, Prana, Akasha, forging and annihilating material substance, harnessing the inexhaustible energies of stellar alchemy, harmoniously orchestrating superstring symphonies, humbly awakening to all perspectives of the multidimensional relativistic reality, magically manifesting dreams into the physical world by focused willpower into the infinite shapes of evolutionary transformation, hacking the codifications of the Akashic Records, the Luminiferous Aether, the Universal Supercomputer, the Mind of God, destroying old laws and programming new laws into the Omniversal Existential Game, controlling all cosmos and chaos, seeking the Higher Balance of Heaven, unlocking the Arcanum of Creation, unleashing the Ascended Master of Free Will, Divine Architect of Ultimate Destiny.

I was going to say that ;) I am Jesting.

The force is the Holy Spirit and resides in men & women equally but not
equal per say per person, randoms. It resides within & without & can be
collected via deeds & interaction for it also resides in all the cosmos &
beyond. Zero spirit means zero force = dead man walking. I think.

the meaning of life certainly is not to become God. He already exists and
does not like egotistical top trumps. Man / woman born of God can become
God like, but can not actually be God unless The ultimate construction desires
it so.

quote : magically manifesting dreams into the physical world by focused
willpower into the infinite shapes of evolutionary transformation.

something like that but maybe something not so grandios and nothing to
do with majic more unknown power = Majical in human terms. You see
if you became God, who would understand you? I can barely keep up with
what you are going on about now let alone the average man & I am God.

Do not forget the Average being , below & above.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i-see-what-you-did-there-2.jpg

KDude

I think "looking into the infinite" is actually a unique problem for modern people. Never before have humans been so inundated with a sense of insignificance. Even in the early 20th century, we thought the Milky Way was all the Universe was. Until Hubble blew it up to an incomprehensible magnitude. Furthermore, Einstein thought it was a static universe. One that could be understood, if you knew the laws. But even that is a bygone idea. I think the sense of the infinite is the root of a lot of depression, the rise of post modern attitudes and lack of ideals, a sense of insightful existentialism even from a common bum on the street. We live in a small world, and don't what context to place ourselves in. Anything kind of goes.

I don't have any pics. Just thought I'd ramble about this. I may even tie it into typology a bit. There might've been a time when only intuitives thought about the infinite, but it's an issue for everyone now.

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Looking Into the Infinite

Wait a minute....did someone just wave back? Oi move out the way!

Oh for gawds sake...we cracked the universe and became omnipotent beings of energy...why the fuck is the man still a briefcaser....why not a sumo wrestler? Huh? HUH? Tell me that!