• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

beyond our imagination

Mole

Permabanned
The universe is not designed and it is not designed for us.

And yet the universe is so extraordinary it is beyond even our imagination.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes, as the universe is integrated into our minds. It all starts in one's perception. I may have many universes going on in my head each day, competing with this vague "reality" my eyes force me to see. It is light that derives illusion. You may never see the same thing in light, as light may have different flavors. And furthermore, it is darkness that is the universal truth, in which everyone would see the same tangible thing, nothing. Only then can your mind truly activate. This all might as well be a dream.

CCCXXIX

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7

You state this as fact, but it is in fact theory. Our knowledge of the universe is minuscule and we can be certain of nothing. The farthest man has made it is the moon and the farthest we've seen is but a fraction. That's like sailing 10 feet into the ocean and saying the world is flat, and if you keep going you will fall of the edge.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, as the universe is integrated into our minds. It all starts in one's perception. I may have many universes going on in my head each day, competing with this vague "reality" my eyes force me to see.

As the Randroids would say, wait for a train to run over you and then see how "vague" "reality" is.

haha.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But. Isn't the universe in our imagination? How can it then be beyond it?

Recall the thread on constructing images from your brain. What would be the point of constructing images from your brain if they didn't come from something real?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

And yet the universe is so extraordinary it is beyond even our imagination.

You must have just watched my video about the Meat Planet on the science forum!

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dreams are often not based on actual experiences.

Not actual experiences, but everything has an objective origin, and everything is located in a dream space/time matrix.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wrote the above while in a hurry. What that means is that you could not have a dream about a six-legged giraffe without the concepts of 6, of legs, and of giraffes which you got from objective, non-dream reality.

S

SingSmileShine

Have you ever thought of it in terms of Hinduism? In their eyes, everything that is on Earth is really just a part of their supreme Hindu god. We are, essentially, their god's dreams.

Mole

Permabanned
But. Isn't the universe in our imagination? How can it then be beyond it?

There's what we know, and what we don't know. And there's what we know we don't know, and what we don't know what we don't know.

Zaid

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The universe seems to be an endless learning experience for man, which makes sense, we are curious creatures, we are always looking for that next frontier, and the universe seems to scale larger and larger as our knowledge and curiosity grow.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmmm... "The universe is not designed and it is not designed for us" is an interesting statement because it actually opposes both of the two mainstream views as far as I can see. (While at the same time making it look as though the two 'opposing' views are lumped together.) Anyway, it is very counter-intuitive for humans to reject those views. I'm not smart enough to be able to discern one way or the other. To think that everything was random and could possibly just do away with itself on it's own- (without mercy) is very disheartening.

Mole

Permabanned
The Beating Heart of the Universe

hmmm... "The universe is not designed and it is not designed for us" is an interesting statement because it actually opposes both of the two mainstream views as far as I can see. (While at the same time making it look as though the two 'opposing' views are lumped together.) Anyway, it is very counter-intuitive for humans to reject those views. I'm not smart enough to be able to discern one way or the other. To think that everything was random and could possibly just do away with itself on it's own- (without mercy) is very disheartening.

[MENTION=5489]shortnsweet[/MENTION]

As my heart first started to beat, I looked around my universe and found another warm heart beating above me. This larger heart created and loved and cared for me.

So when I was born, I looked around my new universe for a large, warm heart that created me and cared for me. And I saw a picture of the sacred heart of Jesus, and it all made sense. Just as my universe in the womb was animated by a large, warm beating heart, so the universe outside the womb was also animated by a large, warm beating heart.