User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

If you're some kind of Computer Genius, then use Linux; if you're a hipster, then a Mac is just right for you; and, for everyone else, you know the rest.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I use Linux on my pc and Windows at work. My husband is a Mac fan. I don't think that linux Ubuntu really requires any special sort of computer genius to run it. Other distros, yes, but Ubuntu is pretty straightforward and easy. I also prefer the philosophy of the open source software community as opposed to having to buy a new, expensive OS or upgrade every couple of years. I find that my work computer, which is newer and shinier, gives me way more trouble than my home pc. My husband's Mac is passive aggressive. I hate that thing.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

find /home/entropie -exec grep -H "Genius" {} \
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I guess I've defected from Archlinux to Windows 7 when I got my new laptop. A lot of the nerd development software that I want to play with is Windows only. But I still have a Linux server running and also a virtual server remotely hosted to keep my geek cred.

MBTI
    STP

Windows seems to be a good medium between the pros of unix and the pros of Mac. Mac and Unix are more specialty atering toward a specific crowd. Windows caters for the mainstream. As a java programmer and developer windows is the easiest and I dont need to switch to Mac or Unix for any task. Its a one stop shop for everything I need.

I also use IE. Firefox sems buggy to me and have always had memory issues with it that I dont experience with IE. I have tried Firwfox several times and always end up back at IE.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

IE is virus central. Everytime I start it and surf the web I end up having 3 more ask.com toolbars
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

^^^First thing I do when I setup a new computer, for myself, or anyone else is install Chrome, or Firefox or maybe Opera and set it as the default browser. I admit, I hold a grudge against IE, but it's all justified.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    IE is virus central. Everytime I start it and surf the web I end up having 3 more ask.com toolbars
    LMAO...sounds like a user issue. Maybe its the Ne's lack of knowing whats going on real time Yeah, it is annoying that just about every software you get off the internet these days seem to install toolbars into IE. I have only one toolbar...freecorder to grab youtube music videos.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp

Quote Originally Posted by _Poki_ View Post
    LMAO...sounds like a user issue. Maybe its the Ne's lack of knowing whats going on real time Yeah, it is annoying that just about every software you get off the internet these days seem to install toolbars into IE. I have only one toolbar...freecorder to grab youtube music videos.

Very few people I know are actually fond of IE. There are sites dedicated to internet users who abhor this particular browser and, while its performance does improve as newer versions are released, I still remember the song about how "mean" IE is (a song has been written against IE, wow). I don't know of any other browser that has triggered so many rants and dissatisfaction. It must be for a reason, correct?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Corax View Post

Very few people I know are actually fond of IE. There are sites dedicated to internet users who abhor this particular browser and, while its performance does improve as newer versions are released, I still remember the song about how "mean" IE is (a song has been written against IE, wow). I don't know of any other browser that has triggered so many rants and dissatisfaction. It must be for a reason, correct?
    Correct, some people even the littlest things annoy the crap out of them. I take those sites from a purely objective standpoint and a grain of salt over my own impressions. I dont normally pay attention to the little things unless I feel like it, nor am I a fanboy. I have a preference based on experience with Chrome, Firefox, and IE. I dont "believe" group mentality...I have my own opinions LOL Just like Unix, Mac, Windows. I have not spent much time on a Mac, the little bit I have didnt impress me at all. I did install Ubuntu on my laptop and I just got tired of the user interface...wasnt bad, but different and not enough of a good impression for me to leave windows.

Maybe when I reach the frustration of all the others that like to complain I will switch, but until then...
    Im out, its been fun