• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cleaning a macbook monitor

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
The monitor on my laptop is accumulating dust, and I'm always paranoid that the method I use to clean it may damage it. I've used baby wipes and water/paper towel in the past.

Without going out and buying solutions specifically for cleaning a laptop screen, what is the best method to clean the dust off of the screen without scratching/damaging it? Does a paper towel and cold water suffice?

MBTI Type
INTJ
It's less about the solution you use and more about the cloth you use to wipe. Never, ever use paper products because they will scratch the screen. Use a chamois or a cloth similar to what you'd use to clean eyeglasses. Baby wipes are fine too.

F

FigerPuppet

There's a pretty easy solution to your dust-problem.

First get your hands on a 1x1x1 (m) cubic glass container. Secondly, purchase approximately 500 liters of Fluorusulfuric acid. Then throw your Macbook into the tub of fun and buy a PC.

giegs

MBTI Type
INTP
Pee on it.

I use my lens cleaning cloth/wand. Works well. Sometimes you need to breath on it for really cruddy areas/corners.

F

FigerPuppet

Why would anyone do this (aside from being a cheap bastard)?

More bang for the buck and an OS that isn't gay. A computer is not supposed to be a fashion asset. If you use it as one you deserve you have your face pushed into a meat grinder together with the assholes who wear headsets around their neck when they aren't going to listen to music any time soon. Then your face can be processed into food for the 3rd world and something good can come out of it for once.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
More bang for the buck and an OS that isn't gay. A computer is not supposed to be a fashion asset. If you use it as one you deserve you have your face pushed into a meat grinder together with the assholes who wear headsets around their neck when they aren't going to listen to music any time soon. Then your face can be processed into food for the 3rd world and something good can come out of it for once.
I like the fact that the Mac is smooth running, easy to use and almost invincible to virus and other malware..... and, it's a hell of a fashion asset.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Need to clean a laptop monitor? I hear nonoxynol-9 works great. Spray on, wait a bit, wipe off and resume normal programming. (Warning: nonoxynol-9 will not protect your computer from viruses.)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Haven't had it in a while, but this stuff is good:

8220%20(2).jpg

Can't really go wrong with any of the Naked flavors.

F

FigerPuppet

I like the fact that the Mac is smooth running, easy to use and almost invincible to virus and other malware..... and, it's a hell of a fashion asset.

Oh, it's an entirely different case if you're too "special" to safely use a PC; then go ahead and buy a Mac.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, it's an entirely different case if you're too "special" to safely use a PC; then go ahead and buy a Mac.
I shouldn't have to be "careful" when using my personal computer. The computer should be careful as to not piss me off, lest I throw it against a wall.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???

You know you can also install Windows on a Macbook additionally if you need it? Also apart from that, there really are not that many notebooks with compareable battery time, weight and overall case quality of a Macbook Pro, and the Touchpad is also useable in contrast to touchpads on other notebooks. A Thinkpad might beat it from what you hear (could never get hands on it because they for some reason don't sell them here in many places), but those cost at least as much as a Macbook Pro.

Tbh if I would buy a new notebook I would probably neither buy a Macbook again (because I don't use it enough and could go with less), but I think at least for Macbooks the bashing isn't as justified. Most people just follow bash trends just as brainless as those people who buy Apple just because it is Apple.

F

FigerPuppet

You know you can also install Windows on a Macbook additionally if you need it? Also apart from that, there really are not that many notebooks with compareable battery time, weight and overall case quality of a Macbook Pro, and the Touchpad is also useable in contrast to touchpads on other notebooks. A Thinkpad might beat it from what you hear (could never get hands on it because they for some reason don't sell them here in many places), but those cost at least as much as a Macbook Pro.

Tbh if I would buy a new notebook I would probably neither buy a Macbook again (because I don't use it enough and could go with less), but I think at least for Macbooks the bashing isn't as justified. Most people just follow bash trends just as brainless as those people who buy Apple just because it is Apple.

APPLE SUCKS

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
browser-war.jpg

Ahh, Microsoft products inspire such awe. I really couldn't care less about the online penis measuring that goes on between PC and Mac I just think this picture is hilarious.

And where is Safari you ask? Safari is probably sitting in some Seattle Starbucks (in a window seat of course) wearing skinny jeans, a knit-cap regardless of the weather and large, expensive headphones dangling uselessly around his neck streaming video of the above hilarity on a shiny new ipad whilst sipping a non-fat, skinny, soy, mocha, java chip, frappachino (decaf of course).