User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

@Halla74 "(C) What is the importance of knowing such information to the casual observer of this person?" I don't think the casual observer would care to know. I had my own devious purpose for asking you, but you didn't fall for it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

[QUOTE=mal12345;1708126]Halla74

Quote Originally Posted by mal12345 View Post
    You certainly have a great communication style.
    Wow, thank you very much. I appreciate that. Your writing and communication style are also engaging and effective. Time for a hi-five!

(You are a type 3 in wanting to perfect all such elements of your personal appearance.)
    Ahhh, that's interesting. My cousin Robert said something to me once along those lines, but it had nothing to do with my Enneagram type. We were eating dinner one night at Manuel's, in San Antonio Texas, I had not seen him for almost 20 years. We were just catching up and I said something to the effect of "I think I might have a touch of OCD" - his answer to that was to slap me on top of my head (to get my attention, LOLZ!) and replied with "Of course you have OCD. Look what you've done with your body and weightlifting." He didn't raise his voice, didn't get excited, in fact he smiled the whole time. That's my cousin!

I usually shy away from longer posts but I found yours quite enlightening and non-egotistical. When it's 100% substance, it means I don't have to waste time wading through ego traps to try to find the substance.
    Again, thank you. Honestly, I don't try to have an ego about anything. I'm very opinionated, and I take great pride in my work, but I'm a creature of facts and reason. I don't get emotional about things, and I don't go off on ego-quests. That type of behavior has always irritated me when others have exhibited it. I'm glad my natural repulsion of it has kept me from developing that as any part of my demeanor.

If you were wrong about everybody else's type then you are probably wrong about your own.
    Haaaa!!! :yim_rolling_on_the_ I never really thought of it like that!
    Perhaps I just don't know a whole lot about MBTI/Enneagram? Or at least how to "apply them" via typing others?
    As far as my type of 7w8 is concerned:
    (1) I took a few online tests,
    (2) I read a good number of Enneagram type descriptions, and
    (3) I've watched some of the Ring 7/7w8 videos of people who are 7w8 (Iggy Pop is the one I remember most).

My test scores were consistently Ring 7.
    Reading through the type descriptions of 7 vs 7w6 and 7w8, the one I identified with most was 7w8.
    A few instinctual variant tests gave me the "sx/so."
    The Iggy Pop video was interesting because while he and I are quite different in many ways, I am a bit of a renegade, I'm definitely blunt at times, and I'm certainly an adrenaline junkie.

Your guess of Ring 3 is interesting though, and I will read up on it, as I've never looked into that E-type.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll let you know what I discover.

I know most people hate when I say that, but your type 3-ness comes across very powerfully to me.
    I'm not easily offended or irritated. You don't seem to be playing headgames with me so there's no reason for me to be annoyed by your observations. If anything, it seems to me like you know a few things about the Enneagram system that I do not, so I will take your feedback in and read up on it. What do I have to lose? I have no affinity for Ring 7 over Ring 3. It's just that all my discovery to date has leaned toward 7/7w8. That doesn't mean it was right though. We shall see!

Okay, I'll admit that so far you're only a type 3 over the internet.
    Haaa! Maybe so. There are a few people on this site who have met me in person. Others I've talked to on the phone. I have not asked them what they thought my Enneagram type is though. I might just do that for grins.

Scooby is quite strange but also very smart about weight-lifting.
    Agreed.

Sometimes he treats his personal opinion on the subject as fact, but he does it in such a calm way that no offense can be taken.
    Exactly, that's how I perceived him. He delivers the information from the standpoint of "Fact as he understands from his own research and experience" and not like some jerk off in a TV as trying to sell you on his ideas for the sake of selling his ideas.

I'd have to say he is a type 9.
    Interesting, a "Peacemaker."
    My wife's E-type is 9w1, or at least so we think at this time...

But he also uses a type 3 appearance orientation, as you pointed out when you talked about his controlled tone of voice.
    Interesting. I thought as such because it seemed to me that he was very intent on coming across as professional and in a positive manner to viewers of his video. If that is the essence of type 3 then it appears I might have guessed correctly out of "beginner's luck," - Yay!

One thing I noticed about his teaching technique is that it is extremely detailed. He will instruct on good form in doing overhead flies. But when he does so, he tells you to grimace while lifting, then he demonstrates how to grimace while lifting, and explains that grimacing is very useful for weight training. I have never seen anything like that on anybody else's weight-training videos.
    This is a very astute observation you have made. Few people I've ever taken a course from of any kind have ever been so detailed as you describe. Doing so takes not only mastery of the material you are teaching, but also the desire to convey it as accurately as possible to those who are learning from you. His style is indeed devoid of ego, which I give him "two thumbs up" for.

@Halla74 "(C) What is the importance of knowing such information to the casual observer of this person?" I don't think the casual observer would care to know. I had my own devious purpose for asking you, but you didn't fall for it.
    Haa Haa Haaa. My responses were genuine; I didn't answer your question with caution. As I have said to many before, I am veruy consistent, whether on the WWW, on the phone, or IRL. I am what I am.

Cheers, dude!

-Alex
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

@Halla74
    Re: Cousin Robert's OCD observation:

From http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/me...isid/1and3.asp
    "Misidentifying Ones and Threes

Average Ones and average Threes [are you average? - Mal] are sometimes mistaken because both types are efficient and highly organized. If an isolated behavior is the only thing being considered (chairing a business meeting or planning a vacation, for instance), their organizational abilities are similar–hence the confusion between them. Both are highly task-oriented and tend to put their feelings on the back burner to get things done. Also, both share a desire to improve themselves and to meet high standards, although the basis of their standards and their key motivations are quite different in nature."

There is also a type 3 and 7 misidentification. Even though any type can be misidentified as being another type, certain ones are more common than others. Far more common.

If commitment to a goal is OCD, then more people have that disorder than anybody ever realized. (Then there is OCPD, the personality disorder, and they have some symptoms in common but they are not the same thing.) For 12 years I lived with a person who had OCPD (and Borderline Personality disorder).

Re: Scooby Videos

I think Scooby is an excellent instructor, but it's still necessary to get a second opinion on what he says to do. For example, he recommends only doing overhead flies to develop the pecs, but he lacks detail on the reasons. He just kind of pokes friendly fun at those who prefer using a different lift for each side of the pecs, and says that flies are the only ones you really need. But the overhead flies, I learned, only develop width.

Re: Grimacing.

This may come from Scooby's 30 years experience at weight-training. But in fact, a long time ago some study showed that grimacing while performing really heavy work actually does help get the job done.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    You're joking! The world's most brilliant physicists perform the most complex series of experiments in history and they forget about relativity!
    It would be hilarious if true.

The Pro-GR retort is based upon a paper submitted to arXiv.org HERE By Contaldi

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Excerpt from a post of mine @ INTPc
    >>>The OPERA group at CERN spent months doing the CYA.

>>>Contaldi based a rebuttal on the syntax of the original paper.

The Jury is still out IMO.

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/1110....2011.575.html
    Since the OPERA group's 22 September announcement, more than 30 papers attempting to explain the result using various exotic theoretical models have been posted to the physics preprint server at arXiv.org. But one paper2, posted on 28 September by theorist Carlo Contaldi of Imperial College London, bears the distinction of being the first to challenge the experimental calculations.

The OPERA team timed the neutrinos using clocks at each location that were synchronized using GPS (Global Positioning System) signals from a single satellite. Contaldi's paper says the group's calculations do not take into account one aspect of Albert Einstein's general theory of relativity: that slight differences in the force of gravity at the two sites would cause the clocks to tick at different rates.

Because of its location relative to the centre of Earth, the CERN site feels a slightly stronger gravitational pull than Gran Sasso. Consequently, a clock at the beginning of the neutrinos' journey would actually run at a slower rate than a clock at the end. "It would reduce the significance of the result," Contaldi says.

Dario Autiero of the Institute of Nuclear Physics in Lyons (IPNL), France, and physics coordinator for OPERA, counters that Contaldi's challenge is a result of a misunderstanding of how the clocks were synchronized. He says the group will be revising its paper to try to make its method clearer. Autiero notes that OPERA has been careful to present its startling observations without concluding that the laws of physics have been upended. His e-mail discussion with Contaldi — being followed by dozens of other physicists — is ongoing.
    "The only real valuable thing is intuition." Albert Einstein
    "My mind seems to have become a kind of machine for grinding general laws out of large collections of facts." Charles Darwin

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    It would be hilarious if true.

The Pro-GR retort is based upon a paper submitted to arXiv.org HERE By Contaldi

Excerpt from a post of mine @ INTPc
    >>>The OPERA group at CERN spent months doing the CYA.

>>>Contaldi based a rebuttal on the syntax of the original paper.

The Jury is still out IMO.
    I've already mentioned the differences in the force of gravity between the two sites. But I did not mention frame dragging.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frame-dragging

Any or all of these causes could be a factor in the supposed violation of the laws of relativity.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

You're joking! The world's most brilliant physicists perform the most complex series of experiments in history and they forget about relativity!

If only Einstein was around for this. I'm sure he would thoroughly enjoy it.
    Lol!

"Say Joe, what do you think about the relativity part?"
    "Oh yeah Sam, I see where you're going with this!"

(Furiously starts to recalculate.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Lol!

Isn't it a stretch to say that Italian physicists are some of the most brilliant in the world?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

If only Einstein was around for this. I'm sure he would thoroughly enjoy it.
    Relativity and quantum physics isnt unified yet and are considered to be part of two different models. There are still a lot of questions to be answered before you can make any kind of assumptions.

I wouldnt believe everything mal reads in the yellow press.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Relativity and quantum physics isnt unified yet and are considered to be part of two different models. There are still a lot of questions to be answered before you can make any kind of assumptions.

I wouldnt believe everything mal reads in the yellow press.
    Neither would I. That's why I didn't believe the original article which was published in the yellow press.

I subscribe to the Facebook page ScienceNOW, which provides links to ScienceMag.org. It publishes many of the more sensationalistic science headlines one of which prompted this thread. It published the original sensational article on neutrinos that travel faster than light, but typical of yellow journalism, it did not publish the more boring, far less sensational explanation of how the "brilliant" Italian physicists might be wrong in their figures. So which is the yellow journalism?

The speed of neutrinos traveling at relativistic speeds cannot be properly measured using r=d/t. Yet that's what the Italian physicists tried to do. That is not yellow journalism, that is scientific fact. It's that simple.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Maybe he's wearing that hat to be sun smart? :P
    5 3 9