First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Yeah, and someone just brought up a good point to me- even if it is anxiety, the condition and symptoms should still be checked out if they don't go away.
    But how do you treat symptoms related to anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Word.

Also, I deal with the symptoms of which you speak on a nearly daily basis, and my diagnosis was an uncommon genetic disorder. Otherwise, the symptoms alone could diagnose me with a range of things from an ulcer to a heart attack.

Get your magic panty caterpillar butt to the doc, you.
    I bet I do have an ulcer

I'm not sure my insurance includes magic caterpillarz

@mmhmm: squealing with pain is a sign of weakness. Maybe you should record you going 'MEIN'

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Shit, I'll play.

Any recent changes in your physical activity or diet?
    No. Except I have started biking.

How much caffeine do you drink a day, and do you smoke?
    Sometimes I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, but not too much throughout the day. And no, I plan to look 17 forever! Okay, maybe not.

Please describe the exact feeling of the symptoms.
    Stomach throbbing doesn't really heart. Just a pulsing, often with my heart beat. The stomach pain is like someone has stabbed me, that is much more infrequent. The heart palpitations are suddenly very...thudding? Like it'll beat-beat-beat...beat....beat...beat.......BEAT! And then go on it's way.

Also, Do they always appear at the same time, or can it be one or the other?
    Sometimes the throbbing comes with a palpitation. The stomach pain seems random.

And yes, members, I will try to make it to a doctor.

Also, my blood pressure is "80/70" according to a nurse. Did I mishear?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Sounds like cancer. Trust me, I'm a doctor.

No, but really... Don't ask for medical advice on an internet forum. Really. Ever. We're not doctors, and even if we were... diagnosing some vague symptoms via internet text is just not going to happen. Even if you're going to see a doctor after this... Some whack job on a forum is going to plant some diagnosis in your head, and if you get convinced that's what is going on, you'll probably end up 'feeling' the rest of the symptoms associated with that diagnosis because that's how our silly human brains work. Then when you go to an actual real life doctor, you're going to have different symptoms.

And even if you're convinced that you're just too smart for that to happen... You're going to get shitty advice anyway.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

ThatGirl

First of all I am not a whack job. Second I am not googling the symptoms either to give some horrible diagnosis. This is just by fore knowledge.

You should know that heart paliptations in of itself is not uncommon and many people, even younger individuals can experience them. Sometimes they can occure from an untreated bactirial infection you may not even be aware of. Other times increased activity and stress levels can be the cause. You may have also developed an alergy to some foods you have always been okay eating.

My advise is to cut out salts, drink ONE beer a night for two weeks, get plenty of rest, and reduce stress levels. Maybe switch out biking for swimming. Work a serving of dry cereal (cheerios), and a lowfat yogurt into your daily diet. If you see an increase in symptoms, or the pain becomes stronger and more frequent, then go see your doctor.

Now, everyone has already told you that we (I) am not a doctor. So I am not going to repeat the warnings that I could be completely full of shit. :P

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Haha okay. And I am so pleased at the concern over my asking for advice

@ThatGirl, I am legally unable to drink anyway haha. I like the idea of working in dry cereal and low fat yogurt. I should do that anyway. I'll put it in the exercise thread. Yay!

And you all are probably full of it, so there! Don't worry, @Patches, I promiseeeee I am too smart for that

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    So, I have been having some developing issues over these last few months.

-Chest pain
    -Stomach throbbing, in random places
    -Crippling stomach pain (different from throbbing, I believe)
    -Heart palpitations

I'd like to go to a doctor, but I haven't so far. I mean, doctors are money and time. But if anyone knows much about anatomy, etc, it would be great for some input.
    I know (ok, relatively) much about anatomy. Go see a doctor.

Most of the time it'll be something that's fine once you know about it anyway, even if you have to treat it somehow.
    -end of thread-

Lupus.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Lupus.
    It's never lupus.

Except that one episode where it legitimately was lupus.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Except that one episode where it legitimately was lupus.
    Doesn't exist. Nope.

[YOUTUBE="AbZ7EpmaK_o"]Once in a while it's lupus![/YOUTUBE]