• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hurricane Irene

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Size comparison:

6086945786_85abf9059a_z.jpg

A

A window to the soul

Tisk, tisk, this isn't Eden. So how's life treating you out there on the west coast tonight, Edgar? I guess you didn't get the memo that God will eventually show you who's boss and when He does; when He brings you to your knees, I strongly recommend you humble yourself and beg for mercy.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tisk, tisk, this isn't Eden. So how's life treating you out there on the west coast tonight, Edgar? I guess you didn't get the memo that God will eventually show you who's boss and when He does; when He brings you to your knees, I strongly recommend you humble yourself and beg for mercy.

this god guy kinda sounds like an asshole

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
my mom got drunk to deal with the hurricane stress and keeps texting me acting like the house is going to blow down and she's about to die.

gromit

likes this
I bought 2 gallons of water at the store. I also filled up 2 big pots with water from the tap. I probably have at least six gallons of drinkable water. Drinkable water is almost always my #1 priority, but especially in a natural disaster, even though water probably will not be affected.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
I bought 2 gallons of water at the store. I also filled up 2 big pots with water from the tap. I probably have at least six gallons of drinkable water. Drinkable water is almost always my #1 priority, but especially in a natural disaster, even though water probably will not be affected.

Silly gromit. Just go outside and open your mouth.

It's just starting to get blustery here. I may go to my mom's house and watch it come in. Front row seats!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
IreneSign.jpg

<3 winner of the hurricane irene signboard
wilmington, nc

Hey I think I've eaten at that restaurant about ten years ago, no kidding. LOL.

Those coastal mom 'n pop seafood places in NC have the best steamed oysters, crab legs and hush puppies.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was so silly when I was a teenager. I remember when Hurricane Fran hit back in the 90's I WENT OUT DRIVING as the streets filled up with a foot or two of water. I finally parked my car when I realized I was wading like a duck. I found the wind and water exhilarating. I don't think I've ever been properly prepared for a "disaster" ...I do think people who live in places like NC and FL tend to be a little more unflappable, naturally, in this kind of thing just like people in CA are less freaked out by earthquakes because they're so common.

But then all of those people stayed in New Orleans when Katrina hit and then look what happened there. Let it be a lesson to us all to GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE WATER, PEOPLE.

wolfy

awsm
I was so silly when I was a teenager. I remember when Hurricane Fran hit back in the 90's I WENT OUT DRIVING as the streets filled up with a foot or two of water. I finally parked my car when I realized I was wading like a duck. I found the wind and water exhilarating. I don't think I've ever been properly prepared for a "disaster" ...I do think people who live in places like NC and FL tend to be a little more unflappable, naturally, in this kind of thing just like people in CA are less freaked out by earthquakes because they're so common.

But then all of those people stayed in New Orleans when Katrina hit and then look what happened there. Let it be a lesson to us all to GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE WATER, PEOPLE.

Hurricane Fran?!! What a name for a hurricane. Take care, people.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Wilmington, NC FTW! I used to live an hour outside of there... A cool little city with some interesting personal memories tied to it.

shoshana

MBTI Type
eNTJ
Instinctual Variant
so
My family is tryingto fly back east but the hurricane has delayed any flight into Newark or any of the airports in and around manhattan. Best of luck to everyone in a similar situation. I hope anyone who is in need if shelter can find it with ease. I am lucky to be in central new York and I am likely to see just the remnants if Irene

LEGERdeMAIN

This was in the afternoon. Apparently the center of storm made landfall about twenty miles from here, I wasn't expecting such high winds. Went for a short drive to the gas station and lots of roofs either missing shingles or missing entirely. There was one roof that had been ripped from a house and landed topside down in the front yard. A few houses had trees squatting in attics and front porches and lots of debris all over the road. Theres some minor damage to this house and a lot of stuff that I had tied down on Friday was strewn across the pastures. I'll be doing some cleanup today :( Looks like New York is getting "pounded" too <333