User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I was so silly when I was a teenager. I remember when Hurricane Fran hit back in the 90's I WENT OUT DRIVING as the streets filled up with a foot or two of water. I finally parked my car when I realized I was wading like a duck. I found the wind and water exhilarating. I don't think I've ever been properly prepared for a "disaster" ...I do think people who live in places like NC and FL tend to be a little more unflappable, naturally, in this kind of thing just like people in CA are less freaked out by earthquakes because they're so common.

But then all of those people stayed in New Orleans when Katrina hit and then look what happened there. Let it be a lesson to us all to GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE WATER, PEOPLE.
    Hurricane Fran?!! What a name for a hurricane. Take care, people.

MBTI
    ISTx

Wilmington, NC FTW! I used to live an hour outside of there... A cool little city with some interesting personal memories tied to it.

MBTI
    eNTJ

My family is tryingto fly back east but the hurricane has delayed any flight into Newark or any of the airports in and around manhattan. Best of luck to everyone in a similar situation. I hope anyone who is in need if shelter can find it with ease. I am lucky to be in central new York and I am likely to see just the remnants if Irene

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Wilmington, NC FTW! I used to live an hour outside of there... A cool little city with some interesting personal memories tied to it.
    Did you pick up a tranny too??
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

i'm not dead or anything
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Thanks for asking, assholes

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by LEGERdeMAIN View Post

do you have power?

A window to the soul

<--Don't even think about it.

This was in the afternoon. Apparently the center of storm made landfall about twenty miles from here, I wasn't expecting such high winds. Went for a short drive to the gas station and lots of roofs either missing shingles or missing entirely. There was one roof that had been ripped from a house and landed topside down in the front yard. A few houses had trees squatting in attics and front porches and lots of debris all over the road. Theres some minor damage to this house and a lot of stuff that I had tied down on Friday was strewn across the pastures. I'll be doing some cleanup today Looks like New York is getting "pounded" too <333