Thread: Hurricane Irene

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Do you think that a movie will be made about this in the next couple of years?

And if so, will it be in 3D with cutting edge CGI impressive enough to deem plot and character development unnecessary?

Will it make the perfect storm and The Perfect Storm look like a light rain shower?

Oh no doubt it will make money!

A window to the soul

I've been watching the weather channel and I'm thinking about y'all on the east coast. As it turns out this is a category 1 hurricane, but just as bad as a category 2 because of the enormity in size of this thing; it just keeps going and going. When everyone that's in the path of this storm gets back online, please report how you're doing with pics.

Hang in there!! Be safe!

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Ugh, I'm up north, and seems like they are not sure up here. They want us to be prepared, but I have a sense that we will be fine. I have to work tomorrow though, (nurse) and am trying to figure out some doggy daycare, I'm in a home that could easily flood and have a lot of issues. I'm thinking I may bring him to work and keep him in a crate there.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Ugh, I'm up north, and seems like they are not sure up here. They want us to be prepared, but I have a sense that we will be fine. I have to work tomorrow though, (nurse) and am trying to figure out some doggy daycare, I'm in a home that could easily flood and have a lot of issues. I'm thinking I may bring him to work and keep him in a crate there.
    Good idea! I bet your pup will appreciate that.

Yeah, it may be rough going for a few hours as the storm passes through, but it's nothing you can't ride out, if you’re hunkered down in a safe place. Hopefully it loses strength by the time it gets to you, but you're right about flooding. Everyone in its path should take flooding into consideration and make sure pets and important documents/possessions are on higher ground. If you work in a hospital, that's a safe place to be. They should also have backup power generators. North Carolina reported upwards near 90 MPH winds this morning.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Good idea! I bet your pup will appreciate that.

Yeah, it may be rough going for a few hours as the storm passes through, but it's nothing you can't ride out, if you’re hunkered down in a safe place. Hopefully it loses strength by the time it gets to you, but you're right about flooding. Everyone in its path should take flooding into consideration and make sure pets and important documents/possessions are on higher ground. If you work in a hospital, that's a safe place to be. They should also have backup power generators. North Carolina has reported upwards near 90 MPH winds this morning.
    Unfortunately, I work in a rehab/ nursing home, (which means I will be in charge of part of the building) and have to make it a safe place to be. The building seems pretty secure though, and the second a warning hits, I'm making those necessary phone calls. I don't want to complicate work by bringing the dog, but I also don't want to complicate work by leaving him in a possibly unsafe home and having to deal with the dog from afar on top of dealing with the building, and my heart breaks every time I think of bringing him to a kennel for the night.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

The rain just started here. I'd say my immediate area's biggest concern is the flooding, especially since most of us are either right by the ocean or bay. Some crazy people have stayed near the ocean, even gallivanted on the beach earlier, despite a lot of mandatory evacuations going on .

A lot of people on my facebook are having hurricane parties if they are staying put in their homes. Can't do much better after making all of the recommended preparations . I know I've got my Sangria lol
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Unfortunately, I work in a rehab/ nursing home, (which means I will be in charge of part of the building) and have to make it a safe place to be. The building seems pretty secure though, and the second a warning hits, I'm making those necessary phone calls. I don't want to complicate work by bringing the dog, but I also don't want to complicate work by leaving him in a possibly unsafe home and having to deal with the dog from afar on top of dealing with the building, and my heart breaks every time I think of bringing him to a kennel for the night.
    Sounds like they're in good hands.

The latest weather report is that the eye of this storm is getting really well organized. Possibly gaining strength?

I've got to sign off now. I'm thinking about y'all. Keep the faith!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Some crazy people have stayed near the ocean, even gallivanted on the beach earlier, despite a lot of mandatory evacuations going on .
    A surfer drowned about 10 miles from where I'm bunkering down. Apparently, he lost his board while out in the water. His friends ran in and rescued him, but he died at the hospital. As his friends left the hospital they told the news they were headed back to the beach for some more surfing.

Actually though, things are pretty calm right now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

It's pretty rainy and windy here, but we still have power. Nearly a million don't.

MBTI
    INTJ

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.