User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default NY to LA: 12 Min Flight

NY to LA in TWELVE minutes: Hypersonic aircraft that flies at 20 times the speed of sound takes to skies

An experimental unmanned aircraft that fly at 20 times the speed of sound is to undergo a crucial test flight on Thursday.

The Falcon HTV-2 will be launched on a rocket into space then will glide back down to Earth at speeds of 13,000mph.

The previous test flight lasted only nine minutes before being deliberately crashed as a safety measure due to technical difficulties....
    Read more
    Oh, its
    You

FigerPuppet

I am insulted by your topic title and the format of your post. Do you think we're so disinterested in modern technological pursuits that you have to use eye-catching tabloid headlines, underlining and bold letters?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Yes.
    Oh, its
    You

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This is cool.

FigerPuppet

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Yes.
    You might be onto something.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I heard about a very similar concept, maybe the same as far as I know, a couple years ago. There was a show on either the Discovery or History channel which had a few brief sentences on a conceptual craft that could basically be launched into space, skip across the surface of the atmosphere, and reenter at a high velocity, resulting in a ~12,000 mile trip that could be completed in under two hours.
    So much for my lust for a Ferrari...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

That's what I had heard too (several years ago, in fact). I was wondering if this was simply the same thing. It's shaped pretty similar.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

@You Is it safe to guess that we are more than a few decades away from this ability as a common man's luxury?

@ all: I wonder, would there be any parties -financially or politically- that would have an incentive to suppress this technology? Who would benefit and who would lose out? What is the downside to this advancement? If this kind of rapid transit becomes accessible to all, what is the global impact? (My mind is exploding with questions, so I apologize if these all qualify as a separate thread.)
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    GONE

+ Virgin making the first commercial space craft.

http://www.virgingalactic.com/

However, none of this will probably come to fruition for another 40 years.

DAMN IT.

You kids (and your kid's kids) get to have all the fun.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Who would want to go from NY to LA in the first place. Hasn't anyone seen that documentary called californication?

It's a bad idea people!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf