User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me save our species!

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    We could all take up religion and then, we'd all live forever in Heaven or Hell. Problem solved...right?
    Frankly I think the universe and life are far more mysterious and interesting than Bronze Age ideas of Heaven and Hell.

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    There was no big bang. There was no explosion. The galaxies are not moving away from each other at an accelerating rate, rather it is space itself that is expanding at an accelerating rate, and simply carrying the galaxies along.

And interestingly, although matter can't go faster than the speed of light, space can expand faster than the speed of light. So eventually everything you can see in night sky will disappear from view, except our own galaxy, the Milky Way. We will be left truly alone in the universe, with no way to understand the nature of the universe, hidden behind an impenetrable event horizon.
    Supreme dramatic value. I like. Knowing the answers are there, once in our reach. But never being able to reach for it again ever again. That's beautiful, and not even that far sought.

I dunno, I know you said "let's not leave it for our children" but honestly, I don't think we have much of an option. We simply aren't "smart" enough at this point in our evolution. I mean, we're plenty smart, but there's so much we're uncertain of - not to mention unified in thought enough. Just look at this thread. It's a typical example of how there are so many differing views about what is the truth. And one can discredit another's view, but unless it's completely outlandish, who's to say there isn't a kernel truth in that view?

I'm just saying we need more information in order to be able to come up with a solution to this problem. And to get that more information (to become "smarter") the only thing for it is time. We just need more time.

Enter: our babies and our babies' babies and on and on. So you want to know my solution? Lots and lots of sexy time. Between the smartest people on earth. Half of them can hump and the other half can teach the offspring for 18 hours a day until we find the solution. If we didn't have these silly notions of "that's just WRONG" we'd already be there!