The Great Global Warming Swindle - Documentary Film - Google Video
Interesting documentary. Thought I'd share.
In a nutsehll:
1. The evidence is not convincing that manmade carbon dioxide emissions are causing global warming. In fact, the current warming trend started before mass industrialisation, and actually declined between 1940 and 1975, a time when more carbon dioxide was being emitted by man than ever before.
2. The evidence proposed by Al Gore in An Inconvenient Truth is highly misleading, there he plots a strong relationship between atmospheric levels of carbon dioxide and global temperature. In fact, a more close analysis reveals that Al Gore has the causation backwards, and that increased levels of carbon dioxide follow increases in global temperature.
2.5. The standard global warming theory also predicts a higher temperature in the upper atmosphere than the lower. In fact, data collected by weather balloons and satellites shows that warming is concentrated near the surface, not the upper atmosphere.
3. The alternative theory that changes in global temperature are predominantly caused by variations in solar activity corresponds to the facts as good, if not better than, the standard manmade global warming theory.
4. The catastrophic predictions of the environmentalist movement are mistaken, irrespective of whether man is the cause of global warming or not. In fact, the world temperature was substantially higher during medieval times, so much so that there were vineyards in northern England; much of London still bears the mark of this trade in the names of streets and districts. This was occurring during a period of global temperatures which "should" have put London under many metres of water.
5. The fears for wildlife are vastly overhyped. For example, polar bears evolved from a common ancestor of grizzly bears about 100,000 years ago, and during this period (recently from an evolutionary perspective), polar bears must have survived during millenia of higher temperatures than today. This lesson must also apply to almost all plants and animals.
6. The global warming fad has little to do with science and everything to do with politics. The The IPPC, the UN body dedicated to studying global warming repeatedly gets its facts wrong, such as claiming that global warming will cause the spread of tropical diseases such as malaria, even though malaria is not a tropical disease and some of the worst malaria epidemics have occurred in Russia.
6. The IPPC is corrupt and twists the facts. It is claimed that the IPPC adds the names of reputable scientists to the list of authors on reports, even when those scientists explicitly disagreed with the content of the report, so that the report gives a sense of consensus in the scientific community. The IPPC has also sent out reports for scientists to approve, only to then change the report at the last moment, editing out many of the disclaimers which cast doubt on the manmade global warming theory.
7. The environmentalist movement has little to do with saving the environment. In fact, the movement has become hijacked by neoMarxists and anarchists, who romanticise peasant life. The real enemy of the environmentalist movement is capitalism and globalisation; the environment is merely a smokescreen through which to push an antidevelopment agenda.
8. The consequences of this agenda hurt the poor most of all. The third world, particularly Africans, are being pressured to not use their resources, such as coal and oil, but instead adopt alternative wind and solar power. This pressure, if successful, effectively is telling the third world that it cannot develop, thus people will continue to die in their millions for the sake of wealthy westerners who can congratulate themselves for "saving" the environment.
9. The media perpetuate these myths by looking for a good story. The makers of catastrophic predictions 20+ years from now will not have to face the consequences of being wrong, so they are biased toward making their predictions interesting instead. The media laps this up with little or no journalistic integrity, and has helped fuel the global warming myth and propel it to the forefront of politics.
9.5. The frequent images we see of melting ice around the arctic poles an ordinary occurrence, and have also occurred in the past. The main difference is that today we get to see each in great detail. The ice caps around the poles are always contracting and expanding quite dramatically, and the current activity is not to be unexpected, especially given that we are currently experiecing a rise in global temperature.
10. The global warming myth has become an industry and hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people, are in some way dependent upon perpetuating it. If the whole global warming myth were to burst tomorrow, many people would lose their positions of power, their jobs and their respect, so they have a vested interest in being ever shriller and touting ever more catastrophic predictions.
11. Finally, anybody who speaks out against the standard global warming theory is branded a heretic, will struggle to get funding or teach. The entire movement has become religion, and nonbelievers are not to be trusted (they must all be in the pockets of big business!) or forced out of positions of influence.