User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I'll probably get a mesh jacket then. Especially since it doesn't get too cold where I am. But in any case I'll get a scarf if I realllllllly need too

I think it is really dumb that so many idiot motorcyclists are allowed on the road. Part of my logic in deciding that while motorcycles are statistically unsafe, but will hopefully work for me is I intend on not being an idiot. How fast do 250cc bikes normally go? Comfortably for the machine, without making it angry. And hey, you read my mind! I was wondering about you know, freaking out on a bike. I am a little worried I will freak out, but I will try to remain calm.

I don't think I will really want to go all that fast. But I want it to be light and handle well. Are you ever going to sell your bike?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I'll probably get a mesh jacket then. Especially since it doesn't get too cold where I am. But in any case I'll get a scarf if I realllllllly need too

I think it is really dumb that so many idiot motorcyclists are allowed on the road. Part of my logic in deciding that while motorcycles are statistically unsafe, but will hopefully work for me is I intend on not being an idiot. How fast do 250cc bikes normally go? Comfortably for the machine, without making it angry. And hey, you read my mind! I was wondering about you know, freaking out on a bike. I am a little worried I will freak out, but I will try to remain calm.

I don't think I will really want to go all that fast. But I want it to be light and handle well. Are you ever going to sell your bike?
    Comfortably? Well, depends on your preference and how okay ye are with the possibility of getting a ticket... but in general I feel good around 80 for the higher end of how fast I go (unless on a straightaway in the middle of nowhere). Above that is unnecessary unless I'm specifically doing it to have fun.

A key component to not freaking out is riding at about 75% of your ability - enough to have fun, but not enough to get the kind of adrenaline rush or feeling of fear that makes ye shaky. And no one knows what that level is but you. I don't care if ye're riding with a group, a good friend, or in a hurry to get somewhere - don't do it. Signal to the others to slow down, pull over, or take the lead so you can set the pace and make the choice of route. Good riders respect others' varying levels of skill, experience and preference.

I will sell my bike when I buy a new one - but that probably won't be for a year or so? Financially I'm not really at that point - I just got a 10% raise, which will go straight to the tuition I pay out of pocket.

I'm thinking a new motorcycle will be my graduation present to meself.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I doubt I would go above 80. I definitely do not want a ticket. I don't have any straightaways around me that I can ride like that on

Fortunately for me, I don't let peers pressure me, so I should be fine riding at 75% my ability. How much would you sell your bike for? And what bike are you going to be getting next? What did your parents say about you getting a motorcycle?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

To be honest I've been thinking about getting a bike as well eventually.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Do it!! Then I won't be alone

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    I doubt I would go above 80. I definitely do not want a ticket. I don't have any straightaways around me that I can ride like that on

Fortunately for me, I don't let peers pressure me, so I should be fine riding at 75% my ability. How much would you sell your bike for? And what bike are you going to be getting next? What did your parents say about you getting a motorcycle?
    I would probably sell mine for around $1750, mayyyybe $2000 - it's a 2003 model, and I just got a new drive chain and it has some custom work... this is my exact bike, year, make, model and colour:

*hugs the picture* My flying lime.

What do I want next? ...*romantic sigh* I had to snip out the original picture, because I have fallen in love with a certain cafe racer. Not lust at first sight - love.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've had my eye on the Triumph Street Triple R for years!

I'm also really into retro bikes and cafe racers, and really dig Triumph's Thruxton.

MBTI
    STP

IMO, start with a standard, not sport. It will allow you to better appreciate the experience.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    I love cafe racers and would like one, and have no idea what kind I'd go for.
    If money wasn't an object I would like to get something like one of these three. (sorry for all the pics)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Why a standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    I would probably sell mine for around $1750, mayyyybe $2000 - it's a 2003 model, and I just got a new drive chain and it has some custom work... this is my exact bike, year, make, model and colour:

*hugs the picture* My flying lime.

What do I want next? ...*romantic sigh* I had to snip out the original picture, because I have fallen in love with a certain cafe racer. Not lust at first sight - love.
    I can't see the picture But I googled the year of it. What exactly is a cafe racer? I know what they look like, but what are they for?

And if you sold your bike in a year or so, would you consider selling it to me? I probably won't have the money for one for at least a year, because I am going to try to pay for my own college. Which is part of the reason I am wanting a bike- greater financial independence.