• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Web Browsers and IQ correlation.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
But seriously, generally I don't blame people for using IE (they don't know how frickin difficult it is to design websites for) - not everyone is technologically minded. Its just like how some people don't understand cars and others say they're stupid for buying what are deemed to be inferior makes.
:yes:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
I use Firefox on my main PC and notebook (and on my main laptop before the power jack crapped out on me), and Safari on my tablet. I used to use Opera a long time ago but stopped when...well, I don't really remember why I stopped using it. I used to use IE on my notebook for a while because I rarely used the device for anything other than pure writing/note-taking (so I didn't bother installing too much other crap besides Word, TeXnicCenter, OneNote, and Acrobat), but when I started using it for more leisurely purposes, I installed Firefox. So, like others have mentioned, I use and have used more than one browser.

Last edited:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I use IE. :shrug: Basically it suits my needs and I don't have any issues with it with the limited amount of internet stuff I do.

I tried Firefox a few years ago, and it was fine, but when it came to a site I use regularly (flickr), at the time and on my older computer, it was much slower / I ran into weird issues which didn't happen with IE, so I went back to IE.

Also a few years ago someone told me I 'had to start using Chrome' because it was 'way better than any other browser', so I'm like, ok, I'll check it out. I downloaded it, used it for a bit, but in the end didn't think it was a value-add for me. The format actually kind of annoyed me. So I defaulted back to IE.

Again though, I really don't use the internet beyond a handful of sites that I go to regularly - and IE hasn't been an issue with any of them.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apparently it was fake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14389430

Although I still believe it.

Haha, ironic, isn't it. I totally get people making up these studies, throw in a few big names, give it a little twist. It's good publicity and if done right can even make quite a buck from it. But to think people actually take these results seriously, hilarious.

Jaguar

Haha, ironic, isn't it. I totally get people making up these studies, throw in a few big names, give it a little twist. It's good publicity and if done right can even make quite a buck from it. But to think people actually take these results seriously, hilarious.

I thought it was bullshit they were suggesting people use only one browser.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Headlines should read: "Meaningless study proves to be hoax, we had nothing to say before and we still do not!"

Mr.Green

MBTI Type
INTJ
Already assumed it was fake already when reading the lines "The results suggested that Internet Explorer surfers had an average IQ in the low eighties." and "while minority browsers Opera and Camino had an "exceptionally higher" score of over 120."

I mean come on. If you're going to make a fake study, at least keep your fake data on reasonable levels.

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Oh, and for a moment there i was thinking i was of average intelligence or higher as i use Firefox on my netbook and Crome on my desktop .. OK, back to the drawing board :shrug:

*shuffles away*