User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    But seriously, generally I don't blame people for using IE (they don't know how frickin difficult it is to design websites for) - not everyone is technologically minded. Its just like how some people don't understand cars and others say they're stupid for buying what are deemed to be inferior makes.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I use Firefox on my main PC and notebook (and on my main laptop before the power jack crapped out on me), and Safari on my tablet. I used to use Opera a long time ago but stopped when...well, I don't really remember why I stopped using it. I used to use IE on my notebook for a while because I rarely used the device for anything other than pure writing/note-taking (so I didn't bother installing too much other crap besides Word, TeXnicCenter, OneNote, and Acrobat), but when I started using it for more leisurely purposes, I installed Firefox. So, like others have mentioned, I use and have used more than one browser.
    Last edited by Orangey; 08-03-2011 at 06:24 PM.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I use IE. Basically it suits my needs and I don't have any issues with it with the limited amount of internet stuff I do.

I tried Firefox a few years ago, and it was fine, but when it came to a site I use regularly (flickr), at the time and on my older computer, it was much slower / I ran into weird issues which didn't happen with IE, so I went back to IE.

Also a few years ago someone told me I 'had to start using Chrome' because it was 'way better than any other browser', so I'm like, ok, I'll check it out. I downloaded it, used it for a bit, but in the end didn't think it was a value-add for me. The format actually kind of annoyed me. So I defaulted back to IE.

Again though, I really don't use the internet beyond a handful of sites that I go to regularly - and IE hasn't been an issue with any of them.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Apparently it was fake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14389430

Although I still believe it.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Apparently it was fake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14389430

Although I still believe it.
    Haha, ironic, isn't it. I totally get people making up these studies, throw in a few big names, give it a little twist. It's good publicity and if done right can even make quite a buck from it. But to think people actually take these results seriously, hilarious.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Haha, ironic, isn't it. I totally get people making up these studies, throw in a few big names, give it a little twist. It's good publicity and if done right can even make quite a buck from it. But to think people actually take these results seriously, hilarious.
    I thought it was bullshit they were suggesting people use only one browser.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I liked the Fox News headline:

Internet Explorer Users Aren't Dumber After All

I think they were happy to reassure their supporters.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Headlines should read: "Meaningless study proves to be hoax, we had nothing to say before and we still do not!"
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ

Already assumed it was fake already when reading the lines "The results suggested that Internet Explorer surfers had an average IQ in the low eighties." and "while minority browsers Opera and Camino had an "exceptionally higher" score of over 120."

I mean come on. If you're going to make a fake study, at least keep your fake data on reasonable levels.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Oh, and for a moment there i was thinking i was of average intelligence or higher as i use Firefox on my netbook and Crome on my desktop .. OK, back to the drawing board

*shuffles away*
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe